Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to get blood and water stains from micro fiber couches

Posted by lynne331 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 7:17

Last night my cat wound up in emergency bleeding from the rectum she had a ruptured gland... the problem is she ruptured all over the cushions to my micro fiber couch... after spending a few hours in emergency, at 1 am I had to come home and clean the mess left behind. Before I left I put plastic bags inside the cushions to prevent anything from seeping into the cushion, When I came home,I used dawn dish detergent on wash cloths and rubbed till the blood came out. I got most of it out thank God! but now that the cusions are dry there is a water ring from where I washed! If anyone has suggestions on what to do now I would be sooooo grateful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to get blood and water stains from micro fiber couches

Hydrogen peroxide will get blood stains out will not harm fabric.

o

Exactly, the nurses at the hospital all clued me in to hydrogen peroxide to remove blood. I get kidney dialysis and twice I've had bleeding accidents when my arm "leaked" blood on my clothing. Pour it straight on the blood, wait for it to bubble up, then wash or rinse as needed.

o

Lynn - I have a microfiber couch and when I saw a water ring, I took a clean, dry stiff brush (actually an old toothbrush) and lightly rubbed the outline of the water ring. It worked...you might want to try that.
I think if it did not, I would rewash the entire surface of the cushion with the same product you used initally. That should eliminate a ring, and make it all look the same.
I hope your kitty is ok. That must have been quite a scare.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here