Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynne_melb

Help please - Tropical Storm Fay got carpet wet

lynne_melb
15 years ago

Hi everyone.

We are fine but we have been having lots of rain from Tropical storm Fay. We are Melbourne FL on the east central coast. If you heard of Melbourne or southern Brevard county, then that's where we are. It's been raining for 4 days. We are fine but there's some ground water seepage into the edges of 3 carpeted rooms. It's wall to wall carpeting. Its not sewage, just rain water that saturated the ground so much, that some of the water seeped into the carpet. We have fans & dehumdifier running. Also a/c set to lower temp to reduce humidity. Carpet drying somewhat. Pad left on floor (concrete below). Not sure why this was done, but had other issues to contend with, so DH managed this issue. I will get carpet in all 3 rooms cleaned, but want to make sure that seepage has stopped. May have to replace at least 2 rooms of carpet but again need to make sure that rain and seepage has stopped. Any advice appreciated. Perhaps I need to spray 1/10 water solution of bleach on concrete, or pad.

Or perhaps not, since this will add to wetness. I am going to check w professional carpet cleaning company, but I need any real world advice.

Thanks much.

Lynne

Comments (4)