Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
one product for natural stone and satin nickel finish?

Posted by JulieAP (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 23:24

is there one product that will safely and effectively clean our travertine, satin nickel fixtures, and the glass of our shower door?

It seems like the best stuff for inside of glass shower door is NOT good for the special finishes of the shower or the travertine.

We don't want to ruin our expensive stain nickel or etch the travertine. We want to spray on, maybe use a plastic brush for tough areas, and then water it down and dry.

We want one product that we can use on the entire shower surfaces. Bought some 409 cleaner for natural stone and it didn't clean at all.

Advice on product?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: one product for natural stone and satin nickel finish?

I like the Scrubbing Bubbles peoducts. They seem pretty mild yet remove soap scum from tubs and water marks and toothpaste from my nickel bathroom faucets.

o

I'm not sure how effective alcohol is on soap scum but for your travertine (or any natural stone) and nickle fixtures, you can't go wrong with the 50/50 "homebrew" of alcohol and water. It's my go to cleaner all around the kitchen and bathroom and with a microfiber cloth it's great for windows and mirrors too. The fact that it's so inexpensive is icing on the cake :) I learned about this solution on the Kitchen forum back in 2002. I don't think Scrubbing Bubbles (my favorite for soap scum) is safe for natural stone.
Monica

o

Do not use scrubbing bubbles on travertine. Besides, it doesn't clean well enough for me. I second the alcohol, water mixture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here