Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spilled dish soap

Posted by maialee (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 10, 06 at 19:23

I was just finished refilling a ceramic soap dispenser with liquid Dawn and it slipped out of my hands and smashed all over the ceramic tile kitchen floor. I used my squeegee floor cleaner and got most of it up, but as much as I spread water and clean the rest of it, I can't get the floor clean. It's no longer slippery, but it's sticky and filmy now. Is there a magic potion to get all this soap off of the floor? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spilled dish soap

vinegar helps....and I have heard that salt does too.
I also know that fabric softener will knock down the suds...but don't know how hard that would be to clean up.
Maybe start with the fabric softener and end with vinegar?
Ewww! What a mess! I will try to remember to do that over the sink!
Linda C

o
RE: Spilled dish soap

I agree, sprinkle it with salt. That will keep it from sudsing up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here