Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stains on patio furniture vinyl straps

Posted by geniejan (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 18:53

Does anyone know of a good product or method for cleaning the brown and yellow stains on vinyl straps that have been exposed to the sun and elements?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stains on patio furniture vinyl straps

Yes I do.
I have 2 metal lawn chairs with vinyl white and green strapping. Part of a set I bought over 20 years ago. The chairs were fine but the plastic straps were disgusting. I debated on whether to throw them out but couldn't see throwing out 2 perfectly good chairs.

Last spring I bought a bottle Lestoil. It was something we used on our trailer to get rid of the grime. I used it right out of the bottle--just put some on a wet rag and attacked them. You wouldn't believe how clean they came. I rinsed them off with the hose and voila--2 extra lawn chairs that I wouldn't be ashamed to have anyone sit in.

o

Where can I buy Lestoil? Is this something sold at Home Depot or in Wal Mart? Currently I have been using brillo pads and even hard, vigorous scrubbing hardly has any affect on the stains.

o

I'm from Canada and I've bought it at our grocery and Walmart, but maybe they don't sell it in those stores in the States. It is made by Clorox. I have seen it on E-Bay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here