Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frozen chicken packaging: odors!

Posted by lindaco (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 17:59

Hi all,

When I buy packaged chicken breasts, then after opening the package, well the plastic tray and cellophane wrap do smell OK but the thick paper above the tray and under the meat is always soaked in fat and stinks right through 6 layers of Ziplock bags! Although it takes a day for smell to begin.

Even outside in the trash barrel it smells up the back yard. Awful!

Any way to kill the odor before the garbage man comes around again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frozen chicken packaging: odors!

Freeze the package until the night you put out the trsh. that is what we do and we never have ordors.

o
RE: Frozen chicken packaging: odors!

I always squeeze, rinse, squeeze that layer then toss the whole mess into plastic grocery bag, tie and toss. It never smells when chicken is fresh, only when I've forgotten it for a few days too long in fridge.

I'm really careful about sealing things up in outside garbage can. Can't remember why, but we got maggots in can once and I never want to deal with that again. Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here