Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gunk in the hardwood floor grove

Posted by snoogie (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 17:01

How do I remove the gunk that has accumulated in the groove of my hardwood floors? I have searched this forum and found this question asked in June of 2008 with no solution presented.

Would the rug renovator on my old Kirby perhaps clean the gunk out of the grooves? If that might would what would be the best solution to try along with the rotator brush action of the Kirby? Is my only choice to have the floors refinished and the groove sanded out - the gunk along with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gunk in the hardwood floor grove

The answer as I see it is to vacuum the grooves with the round brush attachment and anything that doesn't come out stays there.

o

I saw that answer too. Not good enough for me. Something has to be able to get it out and the brush attachment doesn't do it. I failed to mention that the hardwood floor is in my kitchen.

o

Well, then, you could clean out the grooves manually and then have the floors site finished.

o

What you may have is called 'V' groove between planks which they are pre-finished flooring product and they do collect dirt. My suggestion is to have the floor refinished completely to flatten the surface. The hardwood refinisher will and can remove 'V' and you will never again have to worry except... except they will expand and contract which is normal.
check out my website below and email us if you have any further questions
Hope this helps...

Here is a link that might be useful: Angerman Hardwood Floors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here