Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to remove stains baseball field dirt

Posted by boysmom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 15, 09 at 16:49

does anyone have a good way to get that red dirt from the baseball field out of baseball pants- especially the white pants?
we live in so. florida & my son plays nearly all year.
he gets that red dirt all over his pants; knees, butt, legs, everywhere.
i've tried greased lightning, shout, spray'n'wash, resolve carpet cleaner, nearly everything. bleach will yellow them.
i don't have time to scrub them by hand; i wouldn't have fingers left!
any ideas appreciated!
thanks!
boysmom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to remove stains baseball field dirt

Son and daughter were in Little League for 9 years each and one went on to culinary school. This might seem drastic but it worked. Take a bucket, pour in a couple gallons of hot water (amount depends on how many pieces of clothing) add any where from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of DRY POWDERED dishwasher soap used in dishwashers. Stir till soap is dissolved add clothing and stir till saturated. Leave all night. Next day squeeze out liquid and wash as normal in washer. Worked for us every time on both kinds of uniforms.

o

this sounds good! i will have to get some powdered detergent tomorrow & try this.
thanks, deb!

o

For an esoteric read on why Debpa's advice will work, read this link from the Laundry forum. Dishwasher detergent had the phosphates in it that were taken out of clothing detergent.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phosphates

o

I used a product called Zout to keep my youngest son's baseball pants very white. When I used it I had to order it from Nancy's Notions catalog. Now you can find it in the laundry isle in the grocery stores. It is made by Dial soap.

o

Thanks in advance! Those would be great!

Culinary school catering culinary arts degree run cooking school. Cooking lessons washington Culinary Schools in Maine culinary classes in miami.

o

My friends just debuted a new baseball cleaning machine, called the "OYSTER" its affordable and portable.
Got dirty Balls? Make them look like new!
The Oyster (baseball cleaning machine) debuted this year by attending the ABCA (American Baseball Coach's Association) convention in Nashville TN and again at the TBCA (Texas Baseball Coach's Association) in Waco TX.
The Oyster is a revolutionary device that cleans a bucket of baseballs so your team can practice like the pros. Save your team money!
http://www.baseballoyster.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: The Oyster, baseball cleaning machine

o

Why not ust buy a bucket of TSP powder(trisodium phosphate) at the hardware or paint store... add some, probably just a teaspoon or couple teaspoons, with the laundry deterent?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here