Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone tried Woodwise Floor Cleaner? Any other suggestions?

Posted by jtcarter14 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 07 at 16:48

I am searching for a product to clean my wood floors with that will absolutely not leave a residue. I have tried Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner which claims it will not leave a residue, but it definitely does. It looks like buying some Woodwise will cost me about $15 including shipping, so I hate to pay that just to find out it leaves a residue like everything else I've tried (i.e. Pledge).

If you haven't tried Woodwise but have another suggestion, please share.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone tried Woodwise Floor Cleaner? Any other suggestions?

I have stopped using expensive cleaners on my wood floors. I use a bucket of warm water, about a half cup plain white vinegar (cheapest brand works fine), and a few drops of Dawn dish detergent. I use a high quality microfiber cloth mop, that can be wringed out well. I bought one at HD for about $15. This works well on my wood floors; it's cheap and environmentally friendly. No residue at all.
I''ve tried every possible wood floor cleaner and think this works the best. FYI: I hired a commercial cleaner to come in and do a heavy spring cleaning and this is what they use as well.

o

Cearab,

I have read that it's best not to use vinegar. I know it's up for debate, but I'd rather err on the side of being too careful. Do you know the purpose of the vinegar?

I tried using just a few drops of dish detergent with water, and it was an improvement. It's still not perfect, but much, much better than anything else I had tried.

Thank You!!

o

Vinegar is a mild acid. It deodorizes and cuts grease. I'm told it also leaves a shine on hard floors because it very slightly alters the surface.

o

i've used woodwise floor cleaner for years and have not found anything to equal it. No residue, a nice shine, no perfume added. and it is really economical in the long run. I use just a little and it cleans so well that I don't have to do it as often. I hate all those other products.

o

I own a hardwood refinishing/renewal company and we are continually looking for non-residue products to suggest to our clients. The Woodwise webpage says the components are 'mildly acidic'...same as a weak vinegar solution would be. I would personally save the money and use the weak (2-10%) white vinegar solution. It is also perfectly fine to use plain water on hardwood...spray/mist it on and mop up...if you don't have heavy soiled areas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here