Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Centra Vac hose recommendations

Posted by jsbakal (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 15:07

I have a Superhose II which did not show the "Hayden" name but I suspect that is what it is. Both ends of the hose are cracking and I opened the handle up to see that I could theoretically cut off four inches and try to reconnect the electrical connections but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble. A vac guy said that might cost $40 for him to do it if possible. Looking at outright replacements I see that newer hoses have a larger ID of 1 3/8" and I'm not sure my current hose has this. The Plastiflex line seems cheaper than the Hayden brand and I would love to know if one of them is preferable. I am looking at a 35 foot direct connect which should run about $200 with Hayden and perhaps as low as $135 with Palstiflex.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Centra Vac hose recommendations

I was always under the impression that each hose is configured to work with a specific system. This would include diameter and plug configuration. Probably one of those times where it's to your benefit to use your local vacuum repair place. Pay them for their expertise and knowledge.

o

And, if you find a local vacuum repair place with expertise and knowledge see if they have an online address and publish their URL for all of us. If they are not online explain the them that many of us would like to do business with any place that has expertise and knowledge and would like them to hook up with Amazon.

o

No thats not true the tank is different shapes all you would need maybe buy it first & try you may need to change outlets to plug hose in,I have electolux I had this one 20+ years still works great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here