Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontario_canada5a_usda4b

Cost of Gutter Cleaning

I got wide ranging quotes, what is a fair price? Thanks!

Comments (15)

• jannie
    10 years ago

II don't know. I live in Long Island New York. I cannot find a company willing to clean my gutters. I have contacted several companies to clean my gutters. Either they don't show up or phone or they tell me I need all new gutters, leaders and covers.

• emma
    10 years ago

Call a handy man, not a guttering company.

• blairgirl
    10 years ago

It depends upon how big your house is, if it's more than one story, where you live, etc. My house is in the northeast, one level, with an attached garage. I pay $50 for a gutter cleanout.

• emma
    10 years ago

I don't agree about the handy man. I found a very good one through a referral from a neighbor, he can do anything I need done and at fair prices.

• jannie
    10 years ago

I have a great handyman. he can fix plumbing, electrical, cabinetry, just about anything. But he fell off a ladder a while ago and refuses to climb ladders ever since!

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

More often than not, I was the one who cleaned the gutters. When we moved to a new home we had gutter covers installed and I think that is the best "fix" for cleaning gutters - you don't ever need to clean (or pay to have them cleaned) again. -Grainlady

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Grainlady, would you mind sharing what brand and style you chose. I had new gutters put in and am seriously considering having gutter covers installed. I am concerned that pine needles will still work their way into the gutter.

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

walnutcreek-

Check in your area because there are different name brands with slight differences in design, and we had several to choose from at different price points. We had existing gutters, so we had to try to match the color, which limited our choice. The company handling them should also be able to tell you if the brands work with pine needles, which isn't a concern for us.

-Grainlady

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Thank you, Grainlady.

• littlebug5
    10 years ago

I have a one-story house{{gwi:807}}, and I call a handyman. He's great - climbs up on my roof with a leaf blower and blows those suckers right out! Then he climbs back down on the ground and rakes them all up and hauls them away. He charges $40.

I've used him for lots of other odd stuff around the yard. He's the type of guy who trolls my street in his pickup slowly after a wind/ice/snow storm knocked a lot of limbs down. And of course, I ran right out and stopped him at the curb and he pulled in and cleaned up my yard immediately. Everybody needs to find a guy like this!

I live in a small town in the Midwest.

This post was edited by littlebug5 on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 22:53

• ralphq
    10 years ago

I have a property maintenance business in Florida and have been cleaning gutters since 1990. The price ranges from $59 to as much as $300. It all depends on the situation and the geographical area you are in. As far as gutter screens. I still am called out to clean gutters with screens on them and you are charged more, because of the hassle of taking them off and putting them back on. They do not work. Debris always finds a way through the screen. And it is a lot harder to clean. Or leaves and debris just simply piles up on top of the gutter screens and water just runs off the roof destroying your flowerbeds, or causes mold and algae to build up on a driveway. I clean gutters out by hand, I don't use power equipment up on a roof and customers really don't appreciate getting dirty stinky gutter muck blown all over their siding and property. Anybody that charges $40 to go up on your roof with power equipment strapped to their back,can't be insured or properly registered, and if he falls off or hurts himself or worse, guess who is liable?
    Food for thought.

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

Our gutter covers are a solid sheet of aluminum that are professionally installed - not a do-it-yourself product like screens. The product I've linked to below is similar to the product we have on our home. We still check the gutters each fall to see if there is any debris, and there has never been a thing in them for the 7-years we've had them.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: gutter covers

• PRO
    Affordable Gutter Cleaning Service
    6 years ago

I own and operate a gutter cleaning service. Generally a fair price for a 2 story home that is 2500 square ft is about 135 to 150. Now that is in the metro Atlanta area.

• sushipup1
    6 years ago

I pay $100 in suburban Philly.

• Ontario_Canada5a_USDA4b
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I am beginning to wonder if a gutter is really necessary. Sure, you will get a drip line on the ground, and you need adequate drainage away from the house. But you don't get to collect debris high up on the roof, the debris falls on the ground and can be raked away. Sounds good to me, thoughts?