Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

o
H2O mop?

Posted by lynne_melb (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 13:27

Hi, has anyone tried this? It's on the site www.thane.com.
My husband saw an ad on TV and is interested in this. I'm looking for someone who has used it.

Thanks so much.
Lynne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H2O mop?

I found this forum a few days ago and just came across your post . I have been using a steam mop for a few years now and I love it! I don't how H2O brand is, but I am sure they are all basically the same. I had a Euro Pro steam mop which I loved. It broke and they do not make that mop any longer. :(
I now have a Eureka "Home Works" I do not like it as much as I did my first one because the cleaning pad has to be "clipped" on . As I am washing the floor the pad some times slides off a bit , where my first one stuck right to the bottom, other than that is works good. Your floors are dry in seconds and they are squeaky clean. I also use a hand held steamer to do other cleaning..I truly love it. It's great for any cleaning job! It sanitizes the surfaces with 220 degree steam, which kills germs. I use it on my windows and mirrors also with a micro cloth for glass by Rubbermaid... the windows are streak free, no lint and sparkle.
hope this was some help..
Ree

o

what kind of hand held steamer do you use?> I have been wanting one but the ones I have looked at are out of my budget range. I think I will also try that steam mop as well.

o

Hi! I have the Scuiinci hand held steamer. I bought it at target a few years back..I think it was around 50.00 or so, but well worth every penny and it will last for years. What I like about this particular steamer is, it has continuous steam. My first one was a shark..I didn't like it at all..you had to keep pumping the trigger for a few seconds of steam..then had to pump it again to continue.. my mother in law bought one on QVC. She likes it..it also has continuous steam..I am not sure of the name, but it is yellow and 43.00..check their site out also. As far as my steam mop.. I bought that on ebay..type in the search bar 'steam mops' They have a lot of Bissell's on there, but I never heard anything good about that brand. There is also a Lysol one..stay away from that one too..
let me know if you get them and how you like it!

o

Hi Ree and Gail,

Thanks for the messages. I decided against the H2O. Haven't bought a steam mop yet.

Lynne

o

Thanks Ree now I know more of what I am looking for. I have three bird cages that are an all day job, and tile floors. I am hoping to cut the time in half. It just seems as though they would be handy for a lot of other things as well.Gail

o

Lynne, look on ebay..you can get a good deal on a good one..let me know! Ree

Gail..a steamer is perfect for bird cages! just steam, and wipe. the mop is good for all floor surfaces..I am sure both of you will enjoy using steam..it will cut down on your cleaning time, that's a huge plus for me. The hand held is great for bath rooms. I steam the sink, toilet, all the handles, and wipe with a paper towel..it kills all germs because it's so hot and your not scrubbing, then rinsing all the cleaners and drying..your bathroom is clean and sanitized in no time. I also use the hand held on the stove, microwave..it's great to clean all the nooks and crannys, blasts right out..like the "seams" in the stove, the vents on top of the microwave..( and the inside of it too) the list is never ending. Windows and mirrors is another big plus I steam them, then use a glass micro fiber cloth, (rubbermaid..Target)..no streaks or lint from paper towels..and they really sparkle. All my family and friends use the steamers now and they love it.

A cleaning tip off topic of steamers..brillo on the glass of shower doors..it takes off all the water spots, lime etc. fast, easy and no harsh chemicals are inhaled...I wet the brillo pad, when I am inside the shower I bring in a container..after washing the glass, I fill the container with hot water and pour it down the glass from the top down..when I want to do the out side, I rinse with a wet sponge, then wipe dry..it does not scratch the glass and they are so clean, it looks like there is none

hope all of this helps..you have to stay in touch and let me know when you get yours and how you like it..if you have any questions, Please feel free to ask Have a good weekend!
Ree

o

Thanks very much, Ree. What brand of steam mop do you have?

o

Hi Lynne

I have a eureka 'homeworks' I bought it on ebay..funny, I was with my sister in law last night and we were talking how much we missed our first steam mop ,( we both had it) it was a shark EuroPro..they stopped making it ...this morning she sent me a link on a new shark that came out..we are both buying it..this one is much like our old one..the micro fiber cloth "sticks" to the bottom, where as the one I have now "clips on" and some times slides off a little..here is the link.. https://sharksteammop.com/contents/index.aspx this one looks great, I would get this one if I were you. I am going to order it myself today...

let me know if you order it..and how you like it.
Ree

o
RE: H2O mop? Lynne

Lynne
copy and paste the link to your search bar..I thought you would be able to just click on it to open it in my last post , but you can't
let me know what you think after looking at it
Ree

o

Ree since I do not know how to copy and paste , tried pulling it up. I got it, it has a little video and is four payments of 19.95 + s+h sound right? if so I am going to order it. I diden't know when I started looking that you could do wood floor's as well. Gail

o

Gail
Yes..that is it! I had the first one they made and loved it. Mine broke and I couldn't find it any where..(they didn't make them any more until now) when my sister in law emailed me the link I was so excited..(we both ordered it) They are wonderful on wood floors..(sealed) it doesn't get the floors "wet" they are kind of "damp" and dry in seconds, so the mop won't damage them.. let me know if you order it and when you get it..I am excited for you!
Ree

o

Ree I just ordered mine, I can't wait to get it. Boy do I lead a shallow life or not, to get that excited over a mop? LOL Gail

o

Gail.. I am with you on that one..same here! LOL I was just thinking the same about myself as I was writing to you telling you how excited I was that Euro Pro made a new one and my sister in law emailed me the link ..but what ever makes my life easier, excites me (smile) I am sure you will love it! (If you don't, at least you can get a full refund) I can't wait to hear how you like it! keep me posted! Ree~

o

I will keep you posted. My sister will be here this weekend so I was hoping to find the scunci local, I called Wal Mart. They said they had one, but when I got there they did not. I guess I will be getting that off of the internet as well. This big old house has a lot to clean,and I only clean the main floor. I can remember when I could clean the whole house in one day, now I am lucky if I can do one room.LOL Gail

o

Gail..try Target. That's where I got mine..hope you find it.. I LOVE mine..(he he)

Do you have a turn of the century home? I only asked because you said "big old house"..funny..I have an old house..circa 1887..love it..but it is a lot of work..when you get all your steamers (lol) you will see how much easier and faster you get the cleaning done..also..get your hands on some micro fiber cloths..you'll love them too..cleans great and fast. geez..I must sound like I don't have a life here..lol!!! kidding aside..I honestly find things that make my life easier.. I love a clean house, but hate being a slave to it. I clean everyday in the mornings so it's out of the way and I find if you keep up with all of it, you won't find your self spending days catching up.. and it's always clean. every night I also quick steam the bathrooms..takes all of 5 minutes..just steam and wipe with paper towels, done. You are really going to love them! ( or I am going to feel like a horses ass..lol)
keep me posted
nite
Ree

o

My daughter and I bought a Sears and Roebuck house aprox 100 years old,we have got to do the research. she works three jobs so finding the time, and know how, is the problem. she thought about hiring some one to do it, but who, does that sort of thing. we have heard a Dr Mountcastle had it built, and that all the bricks were made right here on the property. The street that we are on is W. Mountcastle St. so it sort of makes sense. we have also been told it was a farm at one time.I know that you can name the sts. if you subdivide and sell it off in peices. It is 5 bedroom living room is 31 ft long and 14 ft wide. all wood floors down stairs .

o

My daughter and I bought a Sears and Roebuck house aprox 100 years old,we have got to do the research. she works three jobs so finding the time, and know how, is the problem. she thought about hiring some one to do it, but who, does that sort of thing. we have heard a Dr Mountcastle had it built, and that all the bricks were made right here on the property. The street that we are on is W. Mountcastle St. so it sort of makes sense. we have also been told it was a farm at one time.I know that you can name the sts. if you subdivide and sell it off in peices. It is 5 bedroom living room is 31 ft long and 14 ft wide. all wood floors down stairs .

o

Gail..I LOVE those houses!!!! did you see if there was a local historical society near by? That may be your best bet..your house sounds beautiful and a lot of history behind it..look it to it..good luck with your search!

let me know when the steam mop comes..can't wait to hear how you like it!
ree

o

Hello,

I was wondering is a steam mop in place of using the old mop bucket? and does the shark mop work on ceramic floors?

Thanks to all.

o

yes! The steam mop takes the place of the mop and bucket. It works on all floor surfaces including ceramic. There is no more scrubbing or waiting for floors to dry, also saves time..your floors are clean and sanitized in a matter of minutes. I have been using a steam mop for years. The first one I had was a Shark "Euro-Pro" when it "died" I couldn't find it any longer, so I tried different brands..none was as good as the shark. They now came out with a new one, I ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet..it should be here by tomorrow (I hope) ..I would buy this brand if your interested in one. I am sure you will love steam cleaning..as I have said in my earlier posts..I use things that make my life easier and cleaner...this is on the top of my list!
Let us know if you ever get one and how you like it!
Ree

o

I just saw a commercial on tv for the shark steam mop and immediately searched the internet for information about it. Funny how all searches seem to lead to this site! I will be anxiously awaiting your review as I am sure that this is a tool I will want to try! By the way, it was a Canadian Tire commercial, which is a wonderful Canadian store that sells every imaginable item for the home, so if any Americans are near the border, it may be easy to pop over and pick it up in a store. I hope it lives up to your expectations, and be sure to let us know how you like it!

o

still hasn't arrived yet :( but I will keep you posted.
stay tuned
Ree

o

Well my sister and I had a real nice visit. I realy thought the steam mop would have been here by now, and I am still looking for the scunci,they said they no longer carry them at Wal Mart but that I could get it delivered ,and pick it up there. That is it for shopping here in Jeff city. I have to go to Knoxville,or Morristown for any other store. I am not giving up. Gail

o

How quickly do you go through the pads? That video sure made a steam mop look very inviting.

o

I guess it depends how dirty the floors get . The joy of it, they are washable and lasts a long time. I usually use one pad, for each floor of the house. My first floor is almost 2000sf..we only have one room of carpet on the first floor (family room), the rest are wood floors and tile in the bathroom. If I feel that first pad needs replacing , I put a new one on and finish. The best part is, it's FAST. Also, it is so light weight, you don't strain your back from pushing.. plus the floors are dry in minutes. we are talking very clean floors..I really love it. Since it only takes minutes, I wash the floors a lot.. especially the higher traffic areas such as the kitchen. Just think..no more scrubbing, wringing out mops, dirty water buckets, drying floors and buying products..just add water. With the *new* shark, they guarantee your money back after a 60 trial..( and only 19.99 a month which is great) so there is really nothing to lose..go for it! (smile)
Ree

o

Ree, You have me sold on steamers after reading all of your comments. But, since I have never used them before I am clueless about brands, etc. First, did you get your Shark Steam Mop in the mail yet? Was your last post done after using it? I want to know how you would rate it. Also, I am having trouble finding the Scuiinci handheld. I didn't see if on Target's website. I thought about trying a steamer to clean my kitchen sink, ceramic stove top and my bathrooms. If I can't find the Scuiinci, do you have another recommendation?

o

The Shark is the brand I am really happy with. I didn't get my new one yet, I am still anxiously waiting it's home coming..lol ( Gail..did yours come yet?) I had the first shark steam mop, I really liked it..The handle was secure and didn't turn as you were washing the floor..the second thing that was great about it was the cleaning pads 'stuck' to the bottom of the mop and did not slip off while cleaning. when that mop "died' I couldn't find it anywhere, so I bought one called "home works" I think eureka makes it..the handle turned all the time while steaming the floors and the cleaning pad "clipped" on , so it wasn't to secure..as I was steaming, the pad would start to slide off and I always had to re clip it on so nit was back directly under the bottom of the mop. As far as the steam power..it worked good..lots of hot steam.. but it was a pain in the you know where when the handle turned and I had to keep fixing the cleaning pad. I haven't tried the new shark (not here yet) but I have faith it will be great..I am sure they made improvements, even though I loved the first one they made.

As far as the Scuiinci hand held steamer..if you type it in the search bar, you will find a link and buy it directly on line..I haven't looked for it in our target..so I am not sure if they still carry it or not. So chin up..you can buy it on line (smile) gail..are you here? If you can't get it at Walmart, get it on line. I only had one hand held befor the scuiinci,,it was a Shark..and I hated it..lol so I don't know what other one out there is as good. My mother in law bought one on QVC, she likes it (I am not sure what brand it it, but it's yellow, you can find that one on their web page.

I hope this was of some help..and I PRAY you all love it as much as I do, ot I will really feel like a horses a-- lol!

Gail, I am glad you had a nice visit with your sister..I did not get mine either, but it should be here soon..I can't believe how long it's taking either..thought I would have it by now also. Please let me know when you get it..I am sure you will be steaming away once you get it..don't forget about letting us know how you like it (smile)

I hope this was of some help..keep me posted!
Ree

o

Ree,
I am waiting to buy the Shark Steam Mop until I hear from a couple of you who have ordered it and you try it out. (I'm chicken since this is my first steam mop!) When I called their customer service line, I asked about the pads. I asked, "Are they washable?" She said, "You can wash them a few times." That had me a little concerned since replacements are about $23. So, keep us updated as soon as you get it and try it out! PS I was mispelling Scrunci. LOL

o

Ree I am here every day except Sat. and Sun. when I work for a answering service, when I get home I am brain dead, so I just play Pogo and go on to bed.LOL I am still waiting , I figure it will be here today. I am thinking since the water here is so hard I had better get some bottled. One day I hope, to be able to install a water softner for the inside of the house,they say it is not good for the yard. well I need to get some dog hairs up, so I can use my steam mop when it gets here. Gail

o

hmmm..I don't know why they told you can wash them "a few" times..they are suppose to be washable, and I am sure they are..all steam mops have washable pads..they have to be..once you wash your floors, they are dirty..I will look into that. I still did not get it yet. It is really taking forever..I will call them today and ask ..I will keep you posted and let you know all the details when I get it!
Ree

o

Gail, Hi! I was wondering where you've been..I figured your mop came and you were just steaming away..lol!!! I always vacuum before I steam..then it's smooth sailing from there (smile) Let me know if you get it today..can't wait to hear..
have a good day!
Ree

o

How sad is this that I am checking the forum every day to see if you've gotten YOUR mop! LOL I have two small children so I am really excited about the possibility of steaming rather than using cleaning solutions! Does anybody know how hot the steam has to be to actually kill germs and bacteria?

o

eop2000 ..lol..I enjoy your company! I called yesterday, and they said they shipped it out on the 21st. Still not here..maybe today..?? My sister in law received hers faster, and I paid for expedited shipping..so I am calling them again today and I do want a reimbursement..they charged me 30.00! (I also ordered 3 extra pads) but come on..how much can the weigh? She didn't try hers yet..I told her to go wash her floors..lol We both had the first shark steam mop..

as far as how hot the water has to be to sanitize, I think over 180 degrees. The first mop said the water heats to 200 or 220 degrees..believe me, it's hot! I also have two kids (don't you just love when they spill sticky juice all over the floor..you find it when you walk on it and stick to the floor..lol) I started natural cleaning when we found out my son had allergies and mild asthma.. I started with the hand held steam cleaner, then my girl friend introduced me to the steam mop..she is also a clean freak and swore by it.. I was hooked ever since.. I also have the hoover floormate..I really like that too..but it's more time consuming.. I do use it once a week..and I steam mop every other day..takes all of a few minutes, and the floors actually squeak..and it is suppose to kill germs and bacteria..another great thing I love about it is..the floors are dry with in a minute or two.. also , when you are having company over..you want everything to be clean and orderly, but don't have time to wash the floors.. with this mop..you can get the biggest chore done in minutes..it's a huge time saver.

If I get it today, I will get right on here and let you know how I like it..Gail ordered one also, so lets wait to hear from her..this is her first time and I can't wait to hear how she likes it..

stay tuned (smile)
Ree

o

I have not seen the steam mop but I am really intrigued by all the wonderful reviews here. What about hardwood? Can the steam damage them?

o

I really like the idea of saving time. I still mop with pinesol, then go back with a clean, wet mop! Arg. I love the idea of saving time so much that I now use a Rooma to vacuum. It really does a great job when I don't have time to vacuum. My only complaint....it doesn't do base boards! (Grin)

o

I too have been waiting for Ree to get her new steam mop in the mail. How well does it work on ceramic tile floors? Im so tired of scrubbing mine! Keep us posted when it arrives and how well it works.

o

Still waiting,but then I did not pay extra for fast shipping so mine may be awhile. Meanwhile the floors are getting good and dirty,and every one thinks I am on strike.LOL Gail

o

Gail,
That is hilarious! I'm on strike to and I haven't even ordered mine yet!

o

Hey Girls! I took the plunge! I decided that by the time Ree and Gail got theirs...it would still be a few weeks before I got mine. So, on a leap of faith, I ordered in online tonight (along with extra pads). Please give me good news soon!

o

Ok my friends..still did not get it! I am not happy. I wanted to call them today, but time flew as I was having so much fun shopping for school supplies..lol!
Gail, my sister in law did not pay for fast ship..she got hers in just a few days.. mean while, I didn't get mine yet and I paid to get it here faster..this is one reason I wanted to call them today. I am asking to be reimbursed for the extra shipping charges ..rightfully so..what a crock that was..glad you didn't do it.. you may be on strike for a bit longer..hang in there..lol!!!

eop2000 ..love the idea of your roomba! way to go!!

Lynn & Ninos..the mop works great on ceramic and wood floors..does not damage wood at all, I have been steam cleaning my wood floors for a few years.. no damage at all..matter of fact, I think it's best for wood floors because they do not get really wet. (just "damp") and they are dry in a minute or two..the worse thing that damages wood floors, is getting them wet. Regular washing with a mop and bucket is truly the most damaging thing you can do.

One thing I want to know is..once we all have this mop..what are we going to talk about..?? LOL!!!
your a great bunch!
Ree

o

Has anybody tried the Reliable Steamboy Floor Mop? It is about the same price as the Shark but supposeably holds more water? Just curious....now that I have ordered my Shark! HA

o

Has anyone tried to steam clean laminate floors?

Thanks

o
Reliable Steamboy?

Has anybody tried the Reliable Steamboy Floor Mop? It is about the same price as the Shark but supposeably holds more water? Just curious....now that I have ordered my Shark! HA

o

eop2000.. Long ago I looked at the Steam Boy when my first Shark went ka-put. I didn't buy it because I did not like the triangle shape.. I see you ordered the Shark!! couldn't hold out? ..lol!! It's a money back guarantee ..so you have nothing to lose.. (except S&H if returned) I wouldn't worry about how much water it holds, believe it or not, it lasts a long time..there are times when I am finished and the mop is still steaming..

Lynn...I am sure it works on laminate flooring.. I never personally tried it..but it does say you can use on all floor surfaces except for unsealed wood and no wax floors.. maybe you can call the company (-800-798-7398) and double check.

Ree

o
RE: H2O mop? up date

I called the company . They told me I should be getting it today! They are also reimbursing the 9.95 extra charge for quick ship.. The rep also told me they were having a lot of trouble with the expedited shipping.. I will be trying it out as soon as it's in my hands..lol

what they did to "improve" this mop is, the steam only comes out when you are washing the floors (pushing and pulling the mop back and forth) once you stop..the steam stops. This I like a lot, the older ones and even the one I bought not too long ago has continuous steam..never stops..it's a good safety feature...

ok..any hour now.. I will be back on here later
have a good day!
Ree

o

I am ridiculously excited! Let us know!

o
RE: H2O mop? Drum Roll....

I finally got it! (and already tried it..lol) here's my review...It is much different from the first one they made. I do like it, it will just take a while for me to get use to it. Keep in mind this is my third steam mop, my first, was the first Shark Euro Pro. When you push the mop forward, the handle goes downward to release the steam..this I found a little awkward, only because my two previous ones always had continuous steam..I felt my arm was getting a little tired..lol

The reason: I think the micro fiber cloth makes it a little harder to push..( grips the floor better) as the older steam mop didn't have micro fiber cloths..( I don't really know what it was made out of.) does this sound grim?? lol!! ..cheer up..it works great!!! The steam comes out powerful and the micro fiber cloth really picks the dirt up much better than the old cloths did.. I was actually stunned how dirty that pad was...( I just steamed the floors with my eureka steam mop just the day before yesterday!!!) the floors were nearly dry to the touch immediately after, in where the old mop, and the one I have been currently using left the floors damp and took a minute to dry.. ( and I thought that was great)

I am keeping it..and happy I have it! I hope Gail and eop2000 really like it also!
For the both of you, this is what you will get use to since this is your first mop..I had two others that were totally different and I was use to the "old way"
The most important thing is..it truly works great, my kitchen floor is squeaky clean and took all of 3-4 minutes, the drying time is incredible!!! I am sure this will be a huge plus to those of you who had to wait forever for your floors to dry, or was drying them on your hands and knees, (like I use to do..)

Let our next topic after everyone has it be..How dirty is your pad?? lol!!!
next..your turn to write and share how you feel about it..can't wait for you to get it..if you call the corporate office 1-866-694-6401, they will be able to give you the UPS tracking number and a delivery date when you should receive it ..
talk soon!
Ree

o

Ree, I am sooo happy that you got your new mop and that you love it. What type of floors do you have that you are using them on? Im very excited about how well you say it works but i have textured ceramic tiled floors(not a rough texture). The dirt gets caught up in the texture and im on my hands and knees scraping with my nail. I have tried a Black and Decker floor scrubber and even a tooth brush but nothing cleans the dirt out. Maybe i should just take the plunge and buy one. Keep us posted on how well the cloths wash clean.

o

ninos, Thanks for your reply! I have mainly wood floors, but I have ceramic in the bathrooms..my down stairs bath is a lightly textured tile.. (but that was just recently installed) I would give it a shot..the steam is very hot and powerful..if you steam your textured tile a few times , I am sure the hot steam will get the dirt out of it. The micro fiber cloths are great in themselves..I use them all around the house. You have nothing to lose by trying it..you have 60 days to get your money back..you can also choose to be billed in four payments of 19.99.. do not do the fast ship! It doesn't come any faster and you pay an additional 9.95.. The only thing that ticked me off is..I ordered the three extra cleaning pads..they charged me 4.95 s&h..do you believe they stuffed it in the box with the mop? There is no way that weighed anymore..so I am calling them again!

let us know what you decide! Chat soon!
Ree

o

Ree,
Let me know what they say about the s/h. When I ordered mine, they gave me an option for the extra pads...free of s/h but the I noticed the 4.95 charge was added.

o
Let's take a vote....

Ok ladies, here is a long message but I want feedback on what to do. I am so screaming mad at Shark's Customer Service that I don't know what to do. Here's the deal: The Shark Company Website lists the extra pads as being $19.95. Then, you go to the Steam Mop Web page to order. You fill in all of your information and then they offer you a deal on the warranty. I passed on the warranty but then another screen says "You can still save 50%. You are offered 3 pads for $23.80 plus free shipping and handling." So, I click Yes to this. I was still charged the $4.95 s/h. So, I called today to just let them know that I went from $19.95 for extra pads to $23.80 (with free shipping and handling) to $23.80 but $4.95 shipping and handling. I told the lady I am not asking for it to be refunded. I just thought you would want to know there is a mistake on the 2 webpages. In fact, when it says $23.80 plus free shipping and handling, it doesn't even specify whether that is free s/h for the whole product or just the pads. It is confusing because the top of the page says, "You can still save 50%". The lady on the phone then says, "Ma'am, are you going to review the whole website?" I sat there quietly for a minute and said, "I am not even asking for a refund but you should know there is a mistake on your page. I am sorry I upset you." She then said, "ma'am we receive hundred of calls a day." I just sat there in shock. Should I call someone else and let them know about this? Should I send an email to someone? I was so shocked I thought about cancelling my order (but I really want the mop). I can guarantee it's not as easy to return as they make it sound!! I could not believe she said that. Ok, I went from $19.95 to $23.80 to $23.80 plus s/h that I wasn't supposed to pay and then she gets angry with me for pointing it out when she was walking through the websites while on the phone with me. Should I pursue this or drop it? I am shocked at the way customer service people are today. Do your job and don't get mad when people call! I didn't even ask for my money back. I was just pointing it out to them! Arrggg! Am I overreacting?

o

eop2000: There's no excuse for rudeness. The service rep should have listened politely, explained the order process, and tried to help you correct your order. There is not an email contact address on the website or I would say to write the company and include a link to this thread.

I just went on their website to order mine and it looks like you get the 50% savings and the three extra pads if you "upgrade" to the premium package, which includes the 3 year warranty. It appears that the whole thing is $44 +/-. It makes no sense that it's cheaper to get the warranty and three extra pads with the mop than it is to get just the mop, but that's what it says. Has anyone else ordered it? What did you find?

o
To catbird

Hi Catbird,
Do you mind me asking if you did order the warranty and if you did, what you paid for the whole thing? I ordered the mop plus three extra pads and ended up paying around $124. Thanks! PS I did find a Customer Service contact page and I emailed them. I don't know that I will hear back from them. We'll see.

o
follow up to catbird

By the way, catbird, this is what the order page said:
"YES: I want to make sure I have the extra deep cleaning pads for my Steam Mop for only $23.80 plus FREE Shipping and handling!". This is where I am confused. The first webpage said they were $19.95. Then the Steam Mop web page said they were $23.80. Then, what you just read said they would be $23.80 plus free s/h. But, I paid, $23.80 plus $4.95. Am I just reading it wrong?

o
Shark steam mop

I didn't order it because I wasn't sure what was going on. Did you send the email to euro-pro.com or did you find a different address?

o

It was on sharkcompany.com. That's where I saw the price of $19.95 for the pads but it links you to the Steam Mop webpage where things get crazy.

o

I checked out the price differences. What I suggest you ladies, who ordered the extra pads, do is to print out the web page that states "$23.80 plus free s/h." (Sometimes when their alerted to the error, they change the website so that you have no proof.) Then email the company to request the refund of the s/h charge; I've always found email to be the best route for these issues. There's no reason you should pay more when their mistake induced you to increase your purchase order, especially when your blogs or helping their sales.

By the way, if you order on the SharkCompany.com site, you have to pay $5.95 S/H.

o

eop2000

I am with you on this one..they screwed me too..my total was 146.00..then they reimbursed me the 9.95 for the expedited shipping that I did not get. I called three times today..they would not give up that 4.95! My last phone call I spoke with a manager..got absolutely no where with her as well..she actually told me she was filling out the form as she was a consumer, and it added in the shipping charges..I told her it was free shipping and the two different sites had two different prices..she insisted I was wrong. I gave up after my third time. I am so mad, I want to send their mop back myself (but I won't)

Not for anything, what first got me was, they put the pads right in the box with the mop. There is no way that cost nearly 5.00 more. She told me they do not make the prices up for UPS..I told her I didn't think they did.. but those pads have no weight to them..not 5.00 dollars worth..I also told her I clicked on the button that offered four payments, and that didn't go thru either..I was billed in one lump sum..so I told her to reimburse my card for the next three payments..and they can have the second payment next month as they were suppose to do in the first place..she said there was no way she could do that..I would have to just return the mop. My ending was telling her their costumer service was very unorganized and very unprofessional and I was embarrassed I recommend friends to their company..as they were having the same problems as myself, and I was going to make a complaint in consumer affairs..and I just hung up. talk about over the edge! It's not the 4.95..it's what they did and how they handled it. Do you believe that she actually asked me if I was happy with the mop? I told her not really..lol!!!

I guess there is nothing we can do.. I do apologize to you and everyone else who encounters this problem. I really hate when I recommend something and people get burned or disappointed..again, I am sorry this happened to you to.
Ree

o

Ree, Just tell me you love the mop!?! :)

o

Samie,
Did you order from Shark Company? That's where I started and it sent me to the Shark Steam Mop Web Page. I couldn't order directly off of the Shark webpage. (It looked like I could have ordered the pads but not the mop). By the way, I printed the pages! :) Again, I didn't even ask for the refund when I called. I simply wanted to point it out to them. Then, the customer service lady got snappy with me. That's what made me mad, not the $4.05. I even told her I didn't want it back. Ok, I'm done. I think I am beating a dead horse :)

o

eop2000
no..you did not read it wrong, unless I read the same exact thing wrong also ..

Samie.. they sure did change their error on that web page!
Besides..if you ordered it for 19.99 and paid the 5.95 s&h, the total was 25.94..Eop2000 & I paid 23.80 plus 4.95 s&H which is 28.75..I am not up set about the 4.95 per say..what I am up set about is they have two different prices..one pays for shipping, one doesn't, when you talk to them about their error..the get defensive as it was your mistake, not theirs.. just confusing to the consumer..and you are talked to like you are an idiot, which I don't appreciate at all..It's behind me now.. I have the mop and that's all I wanted..

Oh eop2000..good thing you got the extra pads.. always good to have..just a little advice..after you use them and they are dirty, put detergent and water on them right away if you are not putting them in the wash right then..they are white and if you let the dirt sit before washing, they will stain because they are white..they will start to look "dirty looking " after using over and over again..it's inevitable to keep the sparkling white..but if you pre treat, they won't get as bad. ok..enough said..LOL!!!
Just enjoy the mop and easier cleaning..my out look is..life is too short to be spending a lot of time doing things we really don't enjoy..I know I never said..I can't wait to clean my house...lol!!
talk later
Ree

o
RE: H2O mop? eop2000

eop2000
yes! I do love the mop..I need to get use to it as it has changed from the first one..if you read my post from yesterday, I explained it all..you will really enjoy it!
One thing ..the water heats up super fast..by the time you count to 20..it's hot!!! The steam flow is strong..much better than the old one (thank goodness after all this..lol)
did you call to get a tracking number to see when to expect yours?? let me know!
Ree

o

Tracking number!?!? I am afraid to call again. The customer service nazi may answer! I'll take my chances and wait a week! Maybe she will forget me by then...you know, I'm the one who is reviewing their whole website! Seriously, did they change the web site already? I haven't checked. I really think I need to email customer service again with a link to this site! Maybe that will get their attention. If anyone knows how to set up websites...maybe we should set one up to warn folks about the customer service with this company. Oh, wait a minute. The reason we all ordered this mop is because we don't have extra time....except to chat with complete strangers turned friends about our customer service woes!

o

your hysterical! Customer service nazi..love it..I got the army sergeant manager! All kidding aside. yes, they did change their site..it is totally different today, then it was when I first found it. Mean while, when I called about the shipping, that rep. told me there were so many problems and complaints with the shipping, it was a mess and she had no clue what was going on..she was very nice. Today, the manager told me I was the first to call about shipping problems. They better start dotting their "I's" and crossing their "T's".. this mop better last forever, I don't want to deal with them again this life time!
Ree

o

Shut-up! They really changed it!?!?! LOL It will be interesting to see if they respond to the email that I sent. I think I at least deserve an apology for the lady's comments today on the phone. I have said this several times, but I wasn't even asking for a refund. I was just pointing it out. That makes me laugh that it is changed now. It is sad, this is the kind of stuff that becomes the downfall for companies. It could be that this company grew too fast or this product sold too quickly and they weren't prepared for the volume....who knows! Do you really think you were the first to call about shipping problems? I never order things after seeing them on tv...so I figure that if I did it...there are hundreds of thousands of others who have done it. I find it difficult to believe that you are the first. Can you imagine what a return would be like with this company!?!? Gail, did you receive yours yet and have you tried it?

o

No, I just checked - they haven't updated their website yet. The page with the extended warranty charges the S/H, but the page with just the extra mop covers says "FREE" S/H. So, eop2000, I suggest you print it out before they change it.

I actually didn't anything yet. I always do tons of research before I buy anything (I'm really OCD that way... and many other ways :-D). I was totally convinced by all your testimonials, but that S/H issue made me wary. I called Euro Pro customer service today and spoke with two people who really didn't know a whole lot. The first one actually looked at the website while I was on the phone and understood the issue - she just couldn't do anything about it; nor could she tell me the actual cost of the extended 3-year warranty (I was trying to understand the whole "50% off" promise). I'm calling their corporate office tomorrow. Unfortunately for Euro Pro/Shark, I just graduated from law school, so I have a lot of time on my hands while I look for a job :-D I'll update you all when I get more info from them.

Until then, eop2000, you can either chalk the whole situation up to a $4.95 learning experience and enjoy your new mop (which I'm looking forward to getting) or, if you can't get this off your mind, you can write to the Better Business Bureau and Local Attorney General to inform them of the false advertising (I suggest you include the print out of the two contradictory web pages). The lame thing is that everyone most likely would have paid the $4.95 S/H without thinking about it, had the company not promised to waive it.

On a lighter note - Ree, does the Shark mop come with an attachment to use the mop on carpet? I have a freakishly awesome sense of smell (seriously, my boyfriend thinks I was a dog in a past life) and would love to deodorize/sanitize my carpets without chemicals.

o
RE: H2O mop? ...trying to steam customers over

Um, guess my typing skills aren't the best at 1:30 in the morning. What I meant to say in the second paragraph above is that I haven't purchased anything yet. I visited sharkcompany.com and sharksteammop.com to check out the S/H issue. Once I saw the differences in purchase price and S/H, I decided that I want answers from the corporate office before I give them any of my money.

By the way, eop2000, I think your fustration is totally valid. It's unfortunate, but some people just shouldn't be in the customer service industry.

o

Hi Ree, (and everyone else :) )
I have been following all week about the shark steam mop. I have been thinking about buying it for a while, and did a search for reviews and came upon this message board.
thanks for all of the info! I just have a question though, .....How is it on grout? Does the pad get down between tiles do clean it?
Thanks so much!

o

sami
can you copy and paste where it still states s&h free and just post it ? I looked again after reading your post and for the life of me..I still don't see it..I didn't see it yesterday either..that is when I told eop2000 they did change it . I would like to call the lovely manager and correct her with proof..it's not the 4.95, believe me..it's the way customer service talked to me..the manager said very snippy," if you can email me where you saw the free s&h I will correct the problem, but it's simply not on here" making me feel like I was just making it up! Thats when I went back to the web site..and for the life of me..I didn't see it..my thoughts were they removed it. eop2000..if you email them that..take your 4.95 back..why you you let them keep it? .. it's the principle ! How many people are they taking 4.95 from unrightfully so?.. and no..I am not the first one who called with a shipping problem..the first rep clearly said..I don't know what is going on with shipping, we have had so many complaints and problems.. that is when I called about the quick ship for an extra 9.95..and took forever for me to get it, where my sister in law didn't pay for quick ship and she got hers faster..so no, I wasn't letting them keep that money...she did reimburse me..

As for carpet cleaning..I have never tried it..this is the first time this mop ever had an "attachment" for carpets. It is some type of "ring" you put the mop in, I really don't know how it works..can't hurt really..it is just steam which won't make your carpets soaking wet..much better for carpets. You made me laugh ..have a nose like a dog..I am the same exact way..I can't smell any scented cleaners at all..instant headache. I am a totally natural cleaner..haven't used chemicals in my house in years..nothing.. I like it so much better..everything seams much cleaner as I found chemicals left build ups behind.. and the smell from products lingers in the house for ever ..this all started when we found out my son had allergies and mild asthma..now I am just so use to chemical free..I can never go back.

any how...don't let CS make you not want the mop..the mop is a great product ..if you do order it, do it on the phone, not on line..clarify the free s&h as stated, if you want the extra cleaning pads..this way, this won't happen to you..

Everyone have a great Labor Day weekend!
Ree
PS..Gail..where are you???? did you get yours yet..haven't heard a peep???

o
RE: H2O mop? grout

nichristeve ,
the steam is so powerful, it will clean the grout..the pad should touch down on it..we have all new tile in our bathrooms..so it's not dirty yet..with the old tile, I use to clean it with my hand held steamer and that worked great! Blasted all the dirt out.. two great products to have!!
Ree

o

Ree, Go to sharkcompany.com
You will see the steam mop. That is the page where they used to list the pads as $19.95 at the bottom of this page. That is gone now. But, if you click on "Buy now", it will take you to the Shark Steam Mop Page. You have to go through and fill out shipping info. You can just make up name, address, phone, etc. Here. The next page will offer you the deal on warranty. Click "no" then the next page offers you the free s/h with the purchase of pads for $23.80. Click "yes" to this. Next will be the fast shipping. Click on "no" then you will get to the page with the costs. This is where you will see the cost for the mop plus $15 something in shipping. Then below that you will see the $23.80 for pads plus $4.95 s/h. Let me know if you find it!

o

Hello Ladies, I just finished reading your discussion the the Shark Steamer. I was wondering how often do you have to add water to the machine?

o

Ree,
Thank you so much for your input.

I have been reading all the problems about the steam mop customer service. I Hate dealing with those people too.
Anyway, I was on the shark company.com site. looking at how the pads are less money there with no s/h fees.
So why not just order the pads there, and the mop on the other site? I know it seems silly to have to fill out 2 separate forms and have them ship separately, but its better than getting a headache from dealing with the CS reps, and you can save 5 bucks. SOmetimes you have no choice but to try to beat them at their own game. Just a thought. I think that is what I am gonna do. Have a great day!

o

eop2000
Found it!! Thanks!! I am calling them back and making thenm give me back my 4.95..I want you to do the same..ok?
Thanks
Ree

FAQs Testimonials Supplies

Extra Supply of Steam Pads:
YOU CAN STILL Save 50% and get FREE SHIPPING

We know it is important to have an extra supply of our exclusive Pads! Now you can receive 3 additional Steam Activated Deep Cleaning Pads for $23.80 plus FREE Shipping and Handling and BACKED by our 60-day no-risk Money Back Guarantee!

YES: I want to make sure I have the extra deep cleaning pads for my Steam Mop for only $23.80 plus FREE Shipping and handling!
YES: I want to make sure I have the extra deep cleaning pads for my Steam Mop for only $5.95 per payment plus FREE Shipping and handling!

NO: I would prefer to wait and not take advantage of this special offer today.

victorian: it fills with one cip of water at a time..it depends how fast you mop.. this morning I did my kitchen, and it was on empty..my old one never ran out..it kept going..this one takes a bit longer as I find it harder to push, I believe the micro fiber cloths grip the floor tighter..hope this heps!

o

Thanks ree ree. I was wondering where the contact info is this company? There is no address or phone numbers that I can see. It looks like the company is based in Canada. Here is a post I found on Complaints.com for your info. After reading this and reading all of the posting above I am getting nervous about ordering from this company.

Euro Pro , Canada This company does not know the first thing about customer service. No one ever answers the phone, when you're lucky enough not to get a busy signal (which is most of the time). No one returns phone calls left on their general mail box. I happened to get through to a US location but they were of absolutely no help. After spending time taking all my contact info, they said they referred all calls to their Canadian HQ. All I want are two parts for my Euro Pro sweeper - a new detail brush and a cap for the water tank. Impossible to get, even through the company. Stay away from Euro Pro! They don't know how to run a business. They really are sharks!!! Anthony S.
Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: anthonysalerno@optonline.net# Consumer

o

Ree,
I've also been following up on all this chatter about the steam mop. Haven't ordered one yet, but I would like to, soon. (I just moved into a new house last weekend and all the floors are either shiny tiles or hardwood, I've been dreading the thought of mopping). I've never even heard of a steam mop before, so this forum will be the reason I get one.

I'm mainly writing because I'm really upset at the way costumer service handled the conversation with eop2000. It's absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for to be rude. And eop2000, you were not at all overreacting.

So anyway, Ree, I think that you should find out the address to the head department of the company and write them a letter (yep, the old way, with a post mark and all!) And in your letter you should include a printout of this discussion. I mean you've basically acted as a free advertisement for the mop! I'm sure that as a result of this forum they'll make at least a grand in extra profits from the reviewers who purchase.

The runaround that you guys have received with this whole shipping & handling thing absolutely baffles me! But really though, letter writing is still the most effective way to get anything across and the "boss" really needs to know what his costumers are dealing with (regarding rude costumer service reps and confusing and inaccurate language on the website.)

There! I just had to speak my mind about this whole thing!

o

I have just spent the last hour of my day reading all of your helpful info about this mop. I do have a few questions though.

reeree - you said that this mop is harder to push and I'm wondering since my kitchen floor is a rough tile, do you think it will be really, really hard for me to push? And also, because of the texture I often have trouble with mop pads shredding before I am even halfway through with my kitchen (namely Swiffer brand), but I have used a microfiber pad on this floor with success, but then again there isn't much tension between it and the floor. What do you think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And to all of you who have "vented" about your customer service woes, I have been mad as h*** for all of you and even wanted to call them up myself and complain for you!! lol :) Your complaints and concerns are 100% justified.

o

Did I mention that I have this forum on speed dial!?! LOL You probably would not believe me if I told you this, but this is my first forum....ever. Thanks "Shark". Ok, Ree, I ditto what Kaysen said. Send the letter with a print out of this forum. Also, find out where the 50% savings is...that never made sense to me. How can you save 50% when you are paying full price for the mop pads? I was about to ask the CS Nazi but that is about the time she asked me if I was going to review the whole website! It's been two days, I don't think they are going to respond to the email that I sent. Still loving your mop, I hope? Here's an idea for you ladies....why don't we create our own steam mop and market it. I think we would have a great customer service department. Samie, I am dying to know what you decided after reading all of this! Are you going to purchase...and if we take it to court...will you represent us all? (Grin) And where is Gail, did she try hers?

o

Hi ladies. I just got out of bed :-D It's interesting how this on-going blog has gone from excitement to anger.

Yeah, as much as I'm a clean freak, I'm pretty much opposed to supporting a company that treats the source of their existence/success so terribly. So, no Shark mop for me. I've also decided not to call their corporate office. It doesn't seem worth it, since everyone has been getting the same bad customer service.

By the way, nichristeve, there is S/H for the mop covers if you go to sharkcompany.com. You have to go through the process of typing in all your info, as if you're planning to order the products, to see the charge.

LOL. eop2000, I just took the Bar Exam in July, so I can't represent anyone in any litigation until about November (if I pass the Exam). Thanks for thinking of me, though! If you all want to write letters to the Attorney General, it's your best bet to make sure something gets done about the website and company. He would be the one to investigate the FRAUD, which is what this could be considered. It can also be considered "bait and switch," which is when a company lures you into deciding to buy their product and then switches the actual product or offer. Including a copy of this blog conversation was also a very good recommendation and would be very helpful during an investigation of the issue.

I've never heard of a company denying someone a refund of less than $5 bucks before! This is totally rediculous.

o
RE: H2O mop? vacuum sucks, too!

By the way, apparently the Euro Pro Shark vacuum is really bad. I just found another blog. One lady had her vacuum spark and explode (yes, she said "explode"), and when she called CS, the agent told her that he can't refund her money, but that the company would "repair" it. Yeah, like I want chance an appliance exploding on me TWICE. Fortunately, the corporate office told her to toss her defective vacuum and they would send her a different product. Seriously, I would want my money back, not another Shark product. Here's the link to the blog.

http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Pro-Roadster-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum/dp/customer-reviews/B000092M2P

o

Hi I am still here reading, and waiting, I have not recieved my mop yet. yesterday I had all of the living room furniture in the middle of the floor. My daughter wanted to know what I was doing? I told her I was waiting for my mop, that it would be here any time. She took me out to eat ,and to do a little shopping. I think she is a little concerned. oh well,surely it is on its way.LOL Gail

o

Two questions:
Has anyone else had a language barrier with the CS people? The lady I got when I called had such a thick accent that I wondered if they've hired one of those companies in India to handle their calls. After several minutes of trying to get my name and address spelled right, then trying to communicate about why I was calling I just gave up and asked if they have an email address. She said "Oh, yes" and told me it was www.euro-pro.com. I didn't even bother to explain that that's a web page, not an email address.

Second Q: Has anyone found another brand of steam mop that works well -- and has a company that functions better than this one? I'd love to have one of these, but the more I read the more I wonder.

o

samie,

AWWW Man!!! That stinks, not to mention I feel like a total dufus. It said 00.0 , so I assumed free. Well...we all know what happens when you assume....sigh.
I ordered the mop today even though CS stinks. ree ree has me all worked up that my floors will sparkle with no chemicals! LOL I guess I will wait 2 -3 weeks and see!

o

Hearing all of the bad customer service comments make me weary of buying one. Although Ree has greatly reccommended it makes me still want one. I really am tired of scrubbing my floors. I looked on QVC, and HSN website and i didnt see that brand there. I know that if they offered it they have great customer service and they gaurantee everything. Maybe they will get it soon since they sell other infomercial products. Also, i was thinking that as we get closer to Christmas someone else might sell the Shark mop too like Target or Kohls. Lets keep our eyes open for it.

o

Although I have already ordered my Shark Steam Mop, I have read good things about the Reliable Steamboy Floor Mop. For those of you who are hesistant about the Shark, you may want to look into this. The only thing I heard is this: Don't put the pads in the dryer or they may not go back on. I'd love to hear more feedback on it though. Since I have already ordered the Shark, I won't be trying the Steamboy.

o

Hi everyone! ..haven't been on until now.. there is a little for all of you on this post, so read on (smile)ok, first..the managers personal email is aimeew@euro-pro.com.(with that dash) I emailed her the FREE SHIPPING site, she told me she would show it to her manager and call me back.. haven't heard back from her. (bet all of you are shocked,huh? lol) This just pisses me off even more..I proved SHE was wrong and she couldn't stand up to the company's mistake, and call back with an apology. I will write to the attorney general for sure and include this entire forum and a copy of the web page that states FREE SHIPPING. eop2000, I want you to write to Amy and ask for your money back..or call and ask to speak to her directly! Do not let them get away with keeping your money.

Gail, ..you are so cute with all your furniture in the middle of the room..don't worry..you will get it. In an earlier post, I gave the CS number..you can call them for the UPS tracking number and this way you'll know exactly when your getting it.

catbird..other companies do make steam mops. Ebay has them all the time..maybe you will want to check it out..I can;t recommend a different one..as the reason I was so excited about the "new" shark is I had the first one they made and I really loved it..and if I did know of one..I would probably keep my big mouth shut!! LOL!!!

victorian: If you click on that "FAQ" page .. the phone contact is listed on there.. if you dare (smile)

sami..first, congrats to you!! what an accomplishment! you will do just fine! I have no clue about the vac..to be honest, I once had their hand held steamer and hated it..but I did love my first steam mop from them (back then it was a QVC order)

leann-rn.. yes..I find it hard to push..my first wasn't like this at all. It's not the mop..it's the micro fiber cloth that makes it hard..the cloths are thick and durable..I don't think it will shred..maybe hard to push..but I still think it's better than a mop and bucket any day of the week..we will all have big muscles..LOL!!!

ninos..I really like it. I feel it really cleans well with out srubbing.. all I can say is..try it..if you really don't like it..then send it right back..or did they remove a 60 trial off the web site? LOL!!

ok..I am totally exhausted.. good nite to all
Ree

o

Ree,
I sent a very long email to Aimee. I have to admit, I did not demand my $4.95 back. (I'm over it!) But, I did tell her the whole story and a little about our forum and the ladies who have chosen not to purchase the mop because of our stories. I told her that it would give me some satisfaction to know that this information was received and at least passed along to the appropriate parties. So, I know everyone will be sitting on the edge of their computer chairs waiting to see if I get a response! (Except keep in mind it is a holiday weekend so it may be Tuesday before she gets it.)

o

eop2000

I am curious to see if she does respond, as she hasn't called me back as promised. It's really a shame this company has such poor CS, they have been around for years. This is my first dealing with them directly, and I have to say, I am far from pleased. I am not going broke over the 4.95, believe me..it's truly the principle . I honestly feel if they offer something to the consumer, stand by it. That is what good CS is about and what makes consumers happy. As I was on the phone with Amy, she told me she just went through the entire process as a buyer and NO WHERE did it state free S/H on the pads, with that ( all in a snippy tone) , she said..if you can find it, we will reimbursed the shipping charges, until then there is nothing on here that states other wise..it's clearly not here.. how could she not see it..we all did! I don't think they should be entitled to keep it. They should be apologizing for the error, period.

I see you were asking about the steam boy. I am sure it is very good as I looked at it myself after my first shark went ka-put..the only reason I didn't buy it, I wasn't crazy for the triangle shape. This Shark mop is returnable, you are not stuck with it ..if you honestly are not happy with it, return it and get the steam boy, I am sure it's a great product. The first Shark mop I had, I liked much better..it was truly the best and I was not happy I couldn't get another one. The changes they made to their new mop, I don't feel it was for the best. It's not really the "brand" of mop, they actually all work the same exact way, you have to be comfortable using it. it's really about cleaning with out chemicals and the steam is a sanitizer and kills germs and bacteria..that is the first important benefit. the second is, its fast and easy, a real time saver.. I haven't used a mop and bucket in years..I never will again. I saw it as..you have a dirty sponge mop.. making the water dirty.. and that is what you are using to "clean" your floors. Sure..you empty the water a few times, but notice..that cleaning water is never "clean" and all that work and time smearing dirty water on the floors..not for me. The only reason I feel the first Shark mop was better is, it was much easier to push, only because it wasn't a micro fiber pad.. and the first one had continuous steam. The new one (a little hard to explain) as you are pushing the mop forward, the handle goes downward and that releases the steam. I do have to say..tons of hot steam comes out..much better than the old one and the micro fiber cloth truly picks the dirt up 100% better..( just harder to push it) thats really all I have left to say about it. I am sure you will like steam cleaning verses the old mop and bucket.. and if you don't..just send it back.

I can't believe what this forum turned into just by answering Lynn's question about the H20 mop..lol! Honestly, I am not a big forum person..I stumbled on the gardenweb some how and when I saw her post..I thought it would be helpful to share my experience with the steam mop. I actually like the Holiday forum as it has ton's of decorating pictures and ideas from very talented people..decorating is one of my passions and you can get great ideas from that site..

enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!
Ree

o
RE: H2O mop? PS

that's Holiday AND Home Decorating forums..check it out

o

Ree,
I'm sure I am going to love the mop. You are right...anything is better than using dirty mop water. ICK! I do feel badly for the ladies who have decided not to order because of the customer service. I hope they can find one they like. I haven't decided about the Scunci yet. I have read many mixed reviews on it. But, people either love it or hate it. There seems to be no in between!

o

eop2000

That is exactly what I am talking about with customer service.. they do not handle problems in a professional manor and will not account for their mistakes. people feel it's not a 'stand up" company and makes them leery to purchase their product..rightfully so..this is the image they portray and it's obvious, they honestly don't care. Just reflect back how they talked to you..totally uncalled for. Amy went through the motions as a buyer and talked to me as if I made it up. After I called her back and told her I was emailing the site, she was a little stunned, but promised to call me back after she and her supervisor reviewed it. nothing. So yes..I will make them reimburse my 4.95. I really feel you should do the same.. it's about standing ground on principle and making them take responsiablility for their mistakes...

As for the Scunci, I honestly like mine..I personally never had a problem with it..( and I clean a lot with it), had it 3 plus years now and still going strong. I am not saying this is the best out there, as I feel they, like the mop are basically the same. If you buy one, (any brand) just make sure it has continuous steam ..my first one was a shark , and I hated it. (chuckle) You had to keep 'pumping' the trigger to create pressure for the steam to come out, and it was soooo small, you had to constantly refill the water..one day, I just threw it out.. You should try a hand held, I think you would like it. I clean just about everything with mine..I love it to do the bathrooms especially..I bring in a roll of paper towels..steam and wipe..done. you, like me have children..mine kill the bathroom after every use..lol.. one of my pet peeves, the bathrooms must always be clean..so after they are finished, (and make a mess) I just steam and wipe it down..takes all of a few minutes. also great on windows, mirrors, glass (and my stainless steel appliances) with a micro fiber cloth, I use rubber maid brand glass & mirror, got them at target. Also, I do my counter tops (granite) after preparing food to make sure they are sanitized as well..I can go on with a million other things , but I would be writing all day..lol

I really hope you like the mop. Just remember..no more dirty water on your floors..lol!
Have a good day eop!
Ree

o

After reading all this and doing some research on the internet I decided to try the Bissell Steam Mop. They have a 'new and improved' version, but even the old one had very good reviews on Amazon and epinions. It has a trigger mechanism to release steam when you want it and has the washable microfiber pads. I ordered it from allergybegone.com, with 4 replacement pads (two packs -- I can save them up to wash more at one time) on sale for $108, including shipping and handling. When I get it and try it, I'll start a new thread to let you know how it is. Bissell is an old, respected company and should have good CS. I'll be interested in following this thread to see how euro-pro pans out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bissel Steam Mop on allergybegone.com

o

Hi I am still waiting, it will probably be tomorrow as today is a holiday. I have been on this home site for many, many years, back when my husband and I were taking care of a ninety year old gentleman, who had no one else, and they were about to haul him off. The care takers was a lot of help, I honestly do not know what I would have done with out them. Since then both he and my husband have passed.I use to spend a lot of time in this cleaning forum, not only for the help, but also for the motivation, after reading a while I would get up off of my uh huh and go to work.I am also a large wanna be so I visit the decorating forum quite often. Then because I am so disorganised I go to the organising forum, because I live in a old house with very small to no closet,s I visit small and old house forums. Then painting relaxes me, but when I go in there they are way over my head.and in the spring you will find me in the garden forum . I have been here as I said for many years. and no matter what I put into my favorites I always come back home. Gail

o

catbird

I am sure the Bissell will be just fine! You will enjoy steaming as to the bucket and mop. Let us know how you like it..always good to hear about different products.
The new shark is very good actually..like I have said in the past..it is harder to push with the micro fiber cloths..but looks like they are all making the mop with them..it is a change from when they first came out. keep us posted..can't wait to hear! Ree

Gail..did you ever contact customer service and ask for a tracking number or ask them for a delivery date? It will take the guess work out..Is your furniture still in the middle of your room waiting patiently? I hope it gets there soon! Let us know..I can't wait for someone else to try it! Yes..this forum is fun! everyone is nice, a good bunch..I only joined one other forum before and I was kicked off.. lol! It was a natural cleaning forum..the owner thought I was trying to sell and / or solicit a product I had bought and I was looking for people who tried it..I had posted a link for others to check out but I didn't put the link in "the right" spot of my post..so I was kicked off.. no loss... The decorating forum is great! geez..what beautiful homes and talent on there..wow! did you check out newhomebuilder's post and see her house?? holy! it is gorgeous!! and on holiday? great ideas..love it! I am not ready mentally yet..but I have to get into the swing of fall..so sad to see the lazy days of summer go..I really enjoyed it.... Have a good night Gail..was good to see you drop a line..
keep us posted..can't wait to hear!
Ree

o

OK, so I came upon this forum a week or so ago and have been checking it each day...I was looking for reviews on the Shark steam mop. I still haven't bought one and have been swinging back and forth between the Shark and a Bissell. I'm gathering that the Shark product is good but the customer service should actually be called Customer DISservice. How is the Bissell's cleaning? I know...I know...I can get my money back with the Shark, but then I have to deal with their CS dept.

o

Suannie
I personally loved my first Shark mop. I like the new one as well..it's just different than the first. The steam is hot and powerful and the pad "sticks" to the bottom..it stays in place, where as some mops "clip" on or you have to pull the pad over the bottom and it tends to slide off as your using it. Catbird bought a bissell..she will write and let all of us know how it works and how she likes it. I think they are all the same , you just have to be comfortable using it. The CS hasn't been the best as I am sure you have read, but they did not build the mop..they just answer the phones..there are many people who work there, you may not get the same person that eop2000 spoke with..she was just a rude person..I spoke with the manager..she was nice until I had a problem with their web site saying one thing and they did another (I am sure you read that too) I just feel steam cleaning, no matter who makes the mop is a great way to clean your floors. It's truly a time saver and the floors are nearly dry in a minute..and they are clean. With two kids, I wash the floors a lot..it's 1-2-3 done and clean..much better than the old way. I am not trying to talk anyone into the Shark brand..my point is..it's a great way to clean. take your time, look into different brands and you will see which one you would want. and Yes!! The Shark you can return..so it's risk free...
let us know what you decide!
Ree

o

I'm all about good, thorough, sanitizing cleaning---FAST! I used to work at a "camp" for students and was head of the domestics crew (translation: cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry for 6 hours each day). In those short summers I did more laundry, mopped more floors, cleaned more toilets and showers than my mom or grandmother did...put together!

My grandmother was a neat freak, do-it-yourselfer (made her own soap), and "it ain't clean until you've been on your hands and knees and can see your reflection in it" kind of gal. She would probably roll over in her grave if she knew I was even considering a steam mop! But with the knowledge that steam REALLY cleans and the reality of four little kids, plus the fact that I homeschool so we are ALL at home a lot (diminishes my time to clean), I'm ready!

PS--I'm not against elbow grease and my grandmother is someone I aspire to emulate in many ways--she was an amazing woman.

o

suannie
I had grandparents from the "old School" off the boat from Italy..so I know exactly what your talking about. (my mother is the same way, an old fashion Italian..but she uses a steam mop now..LOL) I use to scrub all my floors on my hands and knees, I really did..I always hated the mop and bucket.. never felt anything was clean..after time, I really needed a better way..and yes..it had to work. My friend told me about her steam mop..at that time, I never even heard of it..it was a Shark..she told me to go on QVC ..so I bought one..and truly loved it. But..I also use the Hoover Floormate..I use it about once a week, I steam the floors about 3 times a week.. I hate to call my self a clean freak..but I guess thats what I am.. I personally can't stand the smell of cleaners, I use everything natural and perfume free.. it started back when we found out my son had mild asthma and allergies.. so from there on, I went natural..and I really love it..

Home schooling is a huge task and responsibility. I think you would appreciate more time for you, and not spend a day scrubbing floors..doesn't hurt to try it out...so go get one! Let me know what you decide..and remember..they all do the same thing (don't worry on the brand)
Ree

o
Redemption! (Somewhat) A must read.....

Hello Ladies,
You should all know that Aimee from Shark's customer service called me first thing this morning. She said she received my email. She apologized for the way I had been treated. (Of course she asked the CS rep's name and I didn't know it.) She told me they are working on correcting the problem and she is crediting my S/H back to me! So, there is hope for the world of floor cleaning! LOL I can't wait to get it now! (Especially since I am still on strike!)

o
It's in route

Ree, I meant to say on my previous post that when I was speaking with Aimee, she she asked what site I was looking at. When I began to describe it to her, she said, "Oh yes, another lady emailed the link." I can only assume she meant you. Did she ever call you back? I called a few minutes ago for my tracking number. The lady who answered was a CS rep that I had spoken with before. So, here is my assessment of the situation; they have an extremely small CS department. It would have to be for me to get the same lady more than once. That never happens when I call other companies. That would explain why they may be a little irritable :) She said, "I see where you have called before. What can I do for you?" (Wouldn't you love to know what kind of note they had in the computer about when I called before!?!?) I told her I just needed the tracking #. We went through the whole process and I got the number. It looks like it will be delivered on Friday! I hope I don't have to break down and cross the picket line before then and use my pinesol. Anyway, long story short, she asked me 3 times if there was anything else they could do for me! Ha ha! Have a great day! PS. I still haven't decided about a handheld yet! Will let you know!

o

Hi eop2000
I am happy you finally got some satisfaction and an apology from CS.( a much deserved one) I am sure you feel much better inside. I actually thought of you today as I was steaming my floors, hoping you will really be happy with it. I am sure you will be..how could you not, just so much easier! Believe it or not, Aimee never responded to the web site I sent to her..it had to be me she was referring to unless some one else sent it to her as well. (doesn't sound likely) I called her earlier today, she is the one who answered the CS phone. I told her I have been waiting for her to call as promised after I sent her their web page..she acted like a dumb bunny, and I had to give her all my info before she could answer..(LOL!!) She told me she would be reimbursing the shipping charge and I should see it in about 2 weeks..no apology, no thank you for pointing it out, all she said was "we did fix the site" It's behind us now and justice has been served..LOL!!! It's just a shame that poor CS can turn people away from a good product..I hope they learned a lesson from this and treat people with courtesy when they call to buy their products!

I am sooo excited you are finally getting your mop! Can't wait to hear how you like it!! Keep me posted!!!!!!
Ree
PS..Anything Gail??????

o

I am so excited that eop2000 will be getting her mop soon. Please tell us all how much you like it and what tpyes of floors you have tried it on. I cancelled my hair appointment today so i could use the money towards the Shark mop instead. Im just waiting for eop2000 to get hers and give us her reviews. Keep us posted eop2000!

o

Ok now I am upset,I have tried to be patient. I finally called and asked them where my mop was, she told me there was technical difficulty , with my adress "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? They did not know, she told me to call the corperate office and they would be able to help so, I called,(the so called corperate office.) Same thing, technical difficulty with my adress, yet no one can explain what that means . However they will ship it again,and it will be here next week.grrrrrrrr.I need to mop the floors, to settle down. LOL Gail P.S. they have not learned a lesson Ree they still have no clue , to what customer service means.

o

Oh Gail!!
I am soooo sorry you are going through this with them! I feel terrible this happened! I never in my life, I am lost for words!!!! I really am!
I think it's time to write to the BBB and tell them how poor this company's CS is. Even though I have had Shark products for the past few years, this mop will be my last thing they get my money on. I will never recommend their product again..
Let us know when you do finally get it..I would call and make them quick ship it to you at THEIR expense..( I am so mad!)
Ree

o

eop2000
Drum Roll!!! This is the moment we have been waiting for..can't wait to hear what you think of it..!
Ree

o

Ree That was not intended to make you feel bad, I wanted the mop and still do, and even if the mop turned out to be a fluke.( which I know it will not) I made the decision, to get it. The Company needs to know, there customer service is doing them an injustice. They are not trained to handle the job,by any stretch of the imagination. I appreciate all of your help in finding it. You cannot be responsible for the way the company runs there business . (unless you own it)LOL Gail

o

Hi Ladies:

Forget about the BBB it is an antiquated, outdated organization that has little or no effect in todays society. If you really want to get their attention threaten to charge back your credit card. Merchants don't like this because they are immediately charged $25.00 (non-refundable) for the chargeback and are debited the price you paid for the product until they can determine what is going on. The burden is on the merchant to prove that they are right and you are wrong. If you still want to go through with the purchase another way of getting their attention would be to send a copy of this entire forum to their corporate offices. Explain to them that based on this forum you have little confidence that they will stand behind the product. If you have trouble with the product later on you can still charge back the purchase.

o

Gail..oh I know..I just feel bad that some of you had trouble with CS..there is really no need for it..you have been waiting so long and I just hate to see this set back..

I am sure you will love the mop..you just need to get it!! lol! I just got mad that they can't seem to get anything right and people are paying good money and supporting their business, thats all...keep us posted..Ree

Victorian227..Thanks! I was just up set for gail..CS really stinks, they need to get their act together..imagine..this is just a small bunch of us on here..we all encountered a problem..wonder how many more people out there has their own woo's with them..shame! Ree

o

Ree: I've decided to wait and see what happens with Gail before deciding to get one. I've been reading about the reliable steam mop but several people say it leaks. The new Bissell sounds good but it doesn't have continuous steam. Does the Shark have continuous steam or do you have keep pressing something? I have a pressure washer which I love but you have to hold down the handle for it to keep working. My hand gets tired after a while.

o
The Steam Mop Dance

It arrived! Of course I couldn't wait until my kids were asleep to try it so I did steamed with them both up! It seems to clean very well. I didn't have trouble pushing it. (I've been working out -GRIN-). My only problem...there are little footprints all over my dining room floor and foyer because my one year old was so fascinated by the steam that he was running all around me, leaving footprints before the floor could dry!

o

eop2000
Yipeee!!!!!
don't you just love those little foot prints? he-he. Sounds like you like it! I am soooo happy! Keeping steaming and keep us posted! It really is a great mop to have! Enjoy it!!! Ree

Victorian227..yes..it does have continuous steam, no trigger to hold..the only thing is with the new shark, as you are pushing the mop forward, the steam comes out...as for the old one..it just came out until it ran out..I am not sure which way I like better..I am just so use to the older one..I think it cleans the floors great..I could never live with out one (smile) let us know what you decide!
Ree

o

eop2000

Great news! Now that one year old can be all over the floor and you won't have to worry.

Ree: Saw the pictures of your home in the Decorating Forum. Beautiful! Beautiful! I have an old Victorian just turned 100. We have done a lot or renovating recently. I love old houses especially after they have been updated.

o

victorian227..awh! Thank you! I was wondering if you were an "old house" owner by your user name..I just love them, but they truly are a lot of work..in the long run, it's worth every second of your blood , sweat and tears..lol We are still renovating, have a long way to go..there are another 100 things I want to change..we do little by little..I am posting more photo's a little later..so take a peek..if you have pictures..why don't you post them..I would love to see your beautiful home!!
Ree

o

eop2000..well? are you loving it? I know you tried it when it first came..have you used it since?? Feed back!!
Ree

o

Ree, You have had yours for over a week. Have you washed your pads yet? Do they wash and reuse well?

o

nino's..yes..I have washed them a few times already..they are just fine..but what I do is, when I take it off and I am not ready to put it right in the wash, I put soap amd water on it so it doesn't stain..they really wash fine..did you order one yet? I really think you will like it! let me know! Ree

Lynne..I saw you over at the decorating forum..thank you so much for the nice compliment! ( I try) any way..did you make a decision about the mop? If you saw all my floors, they are all done with it for a few years now..( actually I clean almost everything with steam) I am waiting for eop2000 to get back on and tell us if she has used it more than that one time..she hasn't been on..she is probably steaming away..lol!!! Keep me posted! Ree

o
Where does the dirt go?

I have a question...where does the dirt go? I know when I mop the water is dirty and there is grime at the bottom of the pail so I don't get what happens to the dirt with the steaming the floor?

o

isitdoneyet..The dirt is collected on the micro fiber pads. It's amazing how dirty they get. I always vacuum before I steam. Once a week I do use the Hoover floormate, I like that a lot too, it's just more time consuming, thats why I love this mop so much! Lets us know if you try it!
Ree

o

I have never posted before, despite the fact that I have been following this forum since the beginning. And waiting to decide whether or not to order one. If there are that many of you posting, there are probably twice as many like me who are just reading and waiting to decide whether to order one. My question is I have laminate wood flooring throughout and I hate the streaks left by mopping. Ree, I am surprised you still use your Hoover floormate. Does the steam mop lack something that you feel you get from Hoovering once a week? I recently threw my Hoover Floormate out because it left the floor so streaky (only used hot water no chemicals) and it took forever to mop and refill. For me it is much faster with a regular old fashioned mop. But I still dread the job and so am condsidering still buying the Shark despite the CS problems some of you have had. Anyway, blah, blah, blah I mostly just wanted to know if you like the Floormate, which I don't... then maybe I won't like the Shark either.
What do you think?

o

Ree, I think I will go with the Shark. I'm going to wait a bit, to make sure that you and eop continue to like yours.
Thanks,
Lynne

o

Ree, is the Shark that you ordered look something like an upright vacuum cleaner? It's on the site that you provided for 4 payments of $19.95, plus $15.95. Is this it? I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order the one you are using.
Thanks

o

Hi Lynne!
Yes..That is the one I ordered..It cleans well and the steam is powerful..I really think you will enjoy using it..let me know when you get it!
Ree
ps..do not do fast ship..it doesn't come any faster and it's an extra 10.00!

o

Gail..what is going on? Hear anything yet? Hope it comes soon! Ree

eop2000..Where are you? haven't heard a peep! Want to hear your opinion on the mop after having it a few days.. Ree

o

Hi all! I am totally a newbie here, this is my first post! I found this after having just ordered my Shark Steam Mop, and I have been waiting for it to arrive. I just confirmed via tracking that it should be here tomorrow (!!!!!) - but I also had some weirdness with CS. They kept telling me they gave me the right tracking number, and that it had been shipped on the 6th. I could'nt find any mention of it anywhere until after 5 today, and that was on the USPS site, not Fed-ex... Anyway, as far as I can see, my credit card still hasn't been charged for it - is that usual? Does the 6o day trial mean they won't charge me until after that? Not terribly concerned, not enough to brave CS again (they did have an attitude, like I was bothering them) - just wondered about the rest of you as far as billing?

Also, and this is the real reason I am posting - reeree, can you use bleach on the cleaning pads? Can they go in the dryer (I thought I read somewhere that they may shrink...?) - I bought the extra package of 3 pads as I plan to be using this little machine a LOT, lol!!

Can hardly wait!!! I will post after it comes and I try it out!

Thanks!!
stardust

o

Hello Ladies! Sorry for the delay in telling you more. I have been extra busy. I am still enjoying the Steam Mop. It does great on my hardwoods! The true test was my bathroom. My husband is always complaining about the "sticky floor" from my hair spray. I did have to go over it again with a clean pad but that only makes sense. The hairspray was on the pad. I am amazed at how disgusting the cleaning pads look after EVERY cleaning. My husband said, "Well, unless there is something inside making the pads turn black....looks like it works pretty well!" So, that sums it up. I think all of you will enjoy it.

Stardust: The pads are fine in the dryer. It is the Reliable Steamboy pads that I read don't need to go in the dryer. These are fine. With that said, it is so good to order extra pads. Once you are on a roll mopping, you want to keep going and that means wanting clean pads for every room!

o

Thanks eop2000!

Tell me what you think of this idea - I am also getting that carpet-thingy (first 500 calls but no doubt everyone gets one) and was wondering if I could put that on and stand on my bed to steam the mattress and snuf the dust mites!!! It shouldn't soak the mattress, since the water is so hot, right? It should dry pretty quickly.... Hmmmm...

o

eop2000 I am SO happy you are loving it! Are you finding it is fast, taking much less time? It is truly amazing how much dirt it picks up..the only thing is, I wouldn't keep putting them in the dryer. After I am finished mopping and not putting it in the wash right away, I put soap and water and soak it so it doesn't stain badly..then I put them in when I do my towels and put it out side to dry..they do dry very fast.. Now we have to wait for Gail..hope she gets hers soon and enjoys it as well! Good hearing from you again! Ree

stardust_01 ..I paid all at one time..if you are doing the payment plan, I think they will take the money out..they took mine all at one time. I think if you want to return it, they will reimburse you... As I told eop2000 I do not put mine in the dryer, ever.. I don't see harm in using bleach..I don't do that either..I use borax or arm and hammer super washing soda as a whitener..I am sure a little bleach will be just fine! I am sure you will really enjoy using one..keep us posted! Ree

o

Ree I have seen you post many times and have been so helpful and informative and so good about responding to everyone, but for some reason you haven't responded to my question about the Hoover Floormate. (left yesterday the 10th) Maybe you missed it? Also when you are finished mopping and aren't going to wash the pads right away, what kind of soap do you put on them? Do you soak them in water with the soap? Is is working? Are they still staying white? I'm going to order the same one you and eop2000 did, I think I am finally ready to take the plunge. Thanks for all your help!

o

If you have printed off the web pages that show the conflicting prices then you can call your credit card company and they will take back the money from the company/refund you. Also if you printed off your sales slip showing the monthly installments, they can also fix that. Sometimes you have to be pushy with them to get them to do it, but my brother used to work for American Express and he told me how things work there. I have been able to use his advice on these matters several times to my benefit as a consumer.
Fortunatly I can go get mine from Canadian Tire in Canada.
Thanks for the info on this mop.
Good Luck

o
RE: link for H2O mop?

I don't know if they'll deliver to the US, but here is a page with both the floor mop steamer and the hand held, as well as the clothes steamer that turns into an iron, I wonder if that one could double as a hand held... If anyone knows please tell me.

Here is a link that might be useful: shark mop etc..

o

Be careful, though I have the shark hand held and don't like it at all. I think Ree said she tried the shark hand held steamer and didn't like it but now has the scuinci and loves it. If you are interested in getting a hand held, I wouln't try the shark... However, I am looking forward and even excited now, to try the shark steam mop. I will look into the canadian tire website. Thanks!!!

o

partyofsix
oh I am so sorry! yes,..I must of missed it some how! I do like the Hoover Floormate also. They have improved them over the years from when they first came out. The newest model is the white with green trim. It is time consuming though..but I feel when you need a good scrub..it does a great job. I really don't use just one way of cleaning ..steam is one of my favorites..it's really effective and super fast. I love the hand held especially to clean the bathrooms.. I just blast with steam, wipe with a paper towel and done. yes..I hated the shark hand held..think it's probably the worse out there. beside the scunci, there is one on QVC. My mother in law bought one and likes it. It's made by McCulloch..it is the yellow one on their web site. I actually tried it at her house..( wanted to check it out) it works well..it's a little smaller than the scunci, so it holds less water, but easier on your hand with weight. I do like mine the best..I feel it's the most powerful that I have tried..and very hot..the water lasts a long time before having to refill ..if and when it goes ka-put..I will get the same one again (smile)

As far as the pads go..they do come out white, but will discolor eventually. I use laundry detergent..I wet the pad, drizzle the detergent..and rub it together (like you are getting out a stain) and I just leave it until I get them in the wash. I really don't think they will stay white white like when you first get them..but it does help to pre treat just as you would do with a stain. ( I often wondered why they actually make them white to begin with...maybe to see all the dirt it picks up..lol!) I really think you will enjoy the steam mop... please let me know when you get it! I would love to hear how you like it.
Ree

o

Thank you so much Ree. I am off to Target right now, so I am picking up some Brillo Oxy actions pads and looking for a Scuiinci. My Shark hand held is just not cutting it. I am also going to order the Shark mop. You all have been very helpful. Thanks!! It's funny, I found this website like 3 weeks ago because I had watched an infomercial on the H20 mop and wanted to read some reviews on it. Now I am looking for all sorts of ways to improve my cleaning methods, thanks to all of you. It puts a spark into otherwise mundane tasks and doing things the way "mom always use to do" them.

o

partyofsix
you are too cute! keep in touch and let me know how you like the brillo, scunci and shark mop.. be careful with the scunci..very powerful and very HOT. Let it really cool down before you open the cap after use..I have given my self a good steam burn back when... you will really enjoy a fast way to clean, everything will be truly clean... my mom doesn't even clean any more like "mom always use to do it..LOL Ree

o

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep you updated.

o

Gail: Did you ever get your mop?

Ree: I am going to Target at lunch time to get the Scunci. I think I will start with that before I settle on a floor steamer. I just spent 30 minutes reading reviews on the Scunci they are either very, very good or very, very bad. I think there are some defective models out there and people don't realize it. Most people like you think it's great. I'll keep you updated. By the way Ree, do you have any good sources for lace curtains. I am looking for some new ones but don't want to spend $90-100 per panel. Thanks.

o

well yesterday I was at my wits end, but to be fair I waited one more day to make it a week. I called today and asked again where is my mop? she said it had to be reshipped, I told her I knew that but that was a week ago. ( I had called them on the 6th.) she said let me get you a tracking number, Ok at least I will know where it is. Silence then mumbling I can tell she is reading. she said it was shipped on the 7th and again on the 11th. I said that makes three times it has been shipped what is the problem? She does not know. she said it should be there by next week, I said that is what I was told last week.This woman knew absolutely nothing. You know when they entered it in to the computer they had to put a reason. I am livid my next step is to dispute it with my cc if it is not here Monday. Gail

o

well yesterday I was at my wits end, but to be fair I waited one more day to make it a week. I called today and asked again where is my mop? she said it had to be reshipped, I told her I knew that but that was a week ago. ( I had called them on the 6th.) she said let me get you a tracking number, Ok at least I will know where it is. Silence then mumbling I can tell she is reading. she said it was shipped on the 7th and again on the 11th. I said that makes three times it has been shipped what is the problem? She does not know. she said it should be there by next week, I said that is what I was told last week.This woman knew absolutely nothing. You know when they entered it in to the computer they had to put a reason. I am livid my next step is to dispute it with my cc if it is not here Monday. Gail

o

ok so this is my first time posting on a garden website... :P
I'm living on my own and tryin to find a simple, safe way to keep things clean seeing as how I hate cleaning solutions. I read like every post thats up here... and thought I'd go on a limb and grabbed the shark hard surface steam cleaner from target for my bathroom/kitchen. any tips/ideas about how it will work? thanks....

SingleMarine

o

Ree,
I noticed that Macy's has the Shark Steam Blaster, (which looks like it can function as both a mop and a handheld) for $99.99 -plus I'm a cardholder and just got a coupon for 20% off, so that would be a great price. Is this like the one you used to use and then they discontinued for awhile? what do you think of it?
Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Shark Steam Blaster at Macy's

o

bestyears
no, my old one was also a 'stick' mop, no canister. I truly never tried one like the one in Macys, but I am sure it will do the same job as the rest of them. Seems to hold a lot of water and the steaming time is great..30 minutes! You have to think about pulling the canister around with you..if that is not an issue.. give it a try. Before you buy it, find out what the return policy is just in case you are not happy with it. Let me know what you decide, it will be interesting to hear how you like it if you buy this one! Keep me posted!!!!
Ree

o

Gail
I am so sorry this is happening to you! I don't even know what to say..lost for words on this one for sure. Let us know what happens..my fingers are crossed !!!!!
Ree

o

I bought my shark steam mop at Canadian Tire a couple of weeks ago. I do love it! I am thrilled to not be breathing the fumes of the hardwood cleaner that I was using. The mop head is a little smaller than I thought it looked in the ads, but I expect I wouldn't like the extra weight if it were larger. I have used it on sealed hardwood, marble and vinyl composite tile floors so far. All have cleaned beautifully. I haven't tried it on my wood laminate yet. I will post again when I have.

o

I just got a Shartertek Pro yesterday. It is terrible. It dosen't steam, and the water runs out the bottom and floods the kitchen. I emailed them today to request a return authoriaztion. I would like to try the Shark, but dosen't sound like they have very good customer service. I wonder if they will ever sell the Shark in stores? Has anyone tried the Mira Bella Steam Mop?

o

aleen..sorry to hear you were disappointed with the steamer you bought..bummer!! I never heard of it. I did look at the mira bella on line, but I couldn't honestly say much about it, as this is the first I have heard about it as well. As I have posted in the past, I think most of the floor steamers work the same way..but they all have something a little different about each of them due to different manufacturers. Some cleaning pads just stick to the bottom, some you have to clip on, stretch on ...some have continuous steam, others have a trigger you have to hold..some the water is filled at the base, some are on the 'stick' part of the mop... depends what features you like and will be comfortable using. It's no secret about Shark's CS..but I do like the mop.. which ever one you decide to get, you'll be happy you did..it's a great way to clean floors and super fast too!! keep us posted!
Ree

o

This sounds so interesting. We just had wood look laminate laid and this sounds like it might be good for it. Has anyone used it on laminate yet?

I'm definitely thinking about the Shark for my tile areas tho (bathrooms and kitchen). To bad they have such bad CS, just think how many they would sell from this post alone if it were better. Just amazes me how much companies are willing to loose in order to save a buck by out-sourcing their CS.

Terri

o

I just used mine again, and I am really liking how clean the floors are getting compared to my previous cleaning methods. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the steam mop has a "high gadget factor" and I am actually keen to clean the floors more often. Terri, I will try to clean my wood laminate soon and let you know how that goes. That is my basement floor so I don't place it high on my cleaning priority list.
I attached a lightweight extension cord to the mop today and it made it much easier to use; it doubled the length of the cord.

o

As usual, I am analyzing this to death before I buy a steam mop. If anyone has any input on any of my questions, please post away!
My first issue: I like the idea of having a unit that will do the floors and pulls apart to use as a hand held unit as well. The SteamFast does this. However, that brings me to issue no. 2.... I'm wondering how important the wattage is. The SteamFast is, I think, 1200 watts, but the Reliable is 1500 watts -does that really matter in the power of the steam? I'm also curious about the Bissell but cannot find the wattage on it. I can't remember how many watts the Shark is. I have liked Europro products in the past, but am nervous about the customer service on the Shark, so am not looking at that one as much as the others.

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated as I am suffering from paralysis-by-analysis...
Lynn

o

Hello,hello Gail here, my mop arrived on Saturday and I was at work Sat and Sun so will get to use it this afternoon. I will be back to tell you about it Gailee

o

Lynn
I am not sure how the others work, I never tried them. I really like the shark ..had their first mop, and now the second. The posters on here who bought it seems to be really happy with theirs as well. Some one did post the Reliable had leak problems..with the Bissell you have to hold a trigger when mopping to get the steam to release..and so far, never heard of the steam fast.. don't only look at wattage, also look what you will be comfortable using.. pro's and con's of each mop. In the end, they all clean the same way..with steam. let us know when you decide! Ree

Gail
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so happy you finally got it!!! and.......??????? details!! Ree

o

I've heard so many good things and I am really interested in steaming my floors. I use a mop and go over my floors at least 3 times to make sure they are clean, and it takes a while. I have to have a clean bathroom but I hate the mopping. Does anyone know if the h2O mops can really clean a bathroom, including behind the toilet, which is in a tight space. I have kids so sometimes they tend to miss the toilet which can really be gross when you're bare feet, which really makes me clean it so often. So I guess I have 2 questions: 1.) can it clean behind the toilets and really clean the bathroom well, and 2.) Which H2O Mop should I get and where?

Desperate to know :)

o

Hi Ladies,

I just found this forum while researching the Shark Steam Mop. I have been sitting here for longer than I should (I'm at work!)reading all of your input and have found it very helpful. While surfing the net I found this listing on the bestbuy.com website:

Shark - Upright Steam Mop - Metallic Lavender
Model: S3101 : SKU: 8591473 $79.99

Ree, can you tell me if this is the same exact model that you own? If it is, then this could be a great alternative to dealing with the Cust. Service Dept. at Shark. I've always had great service at Best Buy. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Rojo

o

has anyone tryed the thane h20 mop out? and how does it compare to the shark?

o

Wow! I just bought the H2O and so far I love it. Was very concerned when I looked up reviews AFTER the purchase and saw so many complaints about it, but I wonder if it could be user error causing their leaks (not putting the water container in properly)or expecting too much of the machine if there is calcium build-up on the floors/grout. It worked beautifully for me. The triangular design got right into the corners, it swivels easily and yes, it did a great job around the toilett (I have two boys, some of you will know what this means!) My floors had a damp sheen for a short time but were not excessively wet. Sticky kitchen spills came up immediately. I love the fact that it works continuously as you require steam with a touch to the lever and without having to hold or repeatedly press buttons like other models, but stops the steam as soon as you depress the lever again. The cloth cover is very decent grade and reasonably thick, I expect it to withstand repeated washing. The rug my dog has claimed came up great and I made sure that I did not leave the steam on any spot too long, so it was only lightly damp and not wet. So far, I am very pleased with my purchase. Use it properly and it works as claimed.

o

I have had my Thane H2O mop for over 3 years now and it works just as good as it did when I bought it. I love it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here