Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynne_melb

H2O mop?

lynne_melb
16 years ago

Hi, has anyone tried this? It's on the site www.thane.com.

My husband saw an ad on TV and is interested in this. I'm looking for someone who has used it.

Thanks so much.

Lynne

Comments (155)

• gailee
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ree That was not intended to make you feel bad, I wanted the mop and still do, and even if the mop turned out to be a fluke.( which I know it will not) I made the decision, to get it. The Company needs to know, there customer service is doing them an injustice. They are not trained to handle the job,by any stretch of the imagination. I appreciate all of your help in finding it. You cannot be responsible for the way the company runs there business . (unless you own it)LOL Gail

• victorian227
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies:

Forget about the BBB it is an antiquated, outdated organization that has little or no effect in todays society. If you really want to get their attention threaten to charge back your credit card. Merchants don't like this because they are immediately charged $25.00 (non-refundable) for the chargeback and are debited the price you paid for the product until they can determine what is going on. The burden is on the merchant to prove that they are right and you are wrong. If you still want to go through with the purchase another way of getting their attention would be to send a copy of this entire forum to their corporate offices. Explain to them that based on this forum you have little confidence that they will stand behind the product. If you have trouble with the product later on you can still charge back the purchase.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Gail..oh I know..I just feel bad that some of you had trouble with CS..there is really no need for it..you have been waiting so long and I just hate to see this set back..

I am sure you will love the mop..you just need to get it!! lol! I just got mad that they can't seem to get anything right and people are paying good money and supporting their business, thats all...keep us posted..Ree

Victorian227..Thanks! I was just up set for gail..CS really stinks, they need to get their act together..imagine..this is just a small bunch of us on here..we all encountered a problem..wonder how many more people out there has their own woo's with them..shame! Ree

• victorian227
    16 years ago

Ree: I've decided to wait and see what happens with Gail before deciding to get one. I've been reading about the reliable steam mop but several people say it leaks. The new Bissell sounds good but it doesn't have continuous steam. Does the Shark have continuous steam or do you have keep pressing something? I have a pressure washer which I love but you have to hold down the handle for it to keep working. My hand gets tired after a while.

• eop2000
    16 years ago

It arrived! Of course I couldn't wait until my kids were asleep to try it so I did steamed with them both up! It seems to clean very well. I didn't have trouble pushing it. (I've been working out -GRIN-). My only problem...there are little footprints all over my dining room floor and foyer because my one year old was so fascinated by the steam that he was running all around me, leaving footprints before the floor could dry!

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

eop2000
    Yipeee!!!!!
    don't you just love those little foot prints? he-he. Sounds like you like it! I am soooo happy! Keeping steaming and keep us posted! It really is a great mop to have! Enjoy it!!! Ree

Victorian227..yes..it does have continuous steam, no trigger to hold..the only thing is with the new shark, as you are pushing the mop forward, the steam comes out...as for the old one..it just came out until it ran out..I am not sure which way I like better..I am just so use to the older one..I think it cleans the floors great..I could never live with out one (smile) let us know what you decide!
    Ree

• victorian227
    16 years ago

eop2000

Great news! Now that one year old can be all over the floor and you won't have to worry.

Ree: Saw the pictures of your home in the Decorating Forum. Beautiful! Beautiful! I have an old Victorian just turned 100. We have done a lot or renovating recently. I love old houses especially after they have been updated.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

victorian227..awh! Thank you! I was wondering if you were an "old house" owner by your user name..I just love them, but they truly are a lot of work..in the long run, it's worth every second of your blood , sweat and tears..lol We are still renovating, have a long way to go..there are another 100 things I want to change..we do little by little..I am posting more photo's a little later..so take a peek..if you have pictures..why don't you post them..I would love to see your beautiful home!!
    Ree

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

eop2000..well? are you loving it? I know you tried it when it first came..have you used it since?? Feed back!!
    Ree

• ninos
    16 years ago

Ree, You have had yours for over a week. Have you washed your pads yet? Do they wash and reuse well?

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

nino's..yes..I have washed them a few times already..they are just fine..but what I do is, when I take it off and I am not ready to put it right in the wash, I put soap amd water on it so it doesn't stain..they really wash fine..did you order one yet? I really think you will like it! let me know! Ree

Lynne..I saw you over at the decorating forum..thank you so much for the nice compliment! ( I try) any way..did you make a decision about the mop? If you saw all my floors, they are all done with it for a few years now..( actually I clean almost everything with steam) I am waiting for eop2000 to get back on and tell us if she has used it more than that one time..she hasn't been on..she is probably steaming away..lol!!! Keep me posted! Ree

• isitdoneyet
    16 years ago

I have a question...where does the dirt go? I know when I mop the water is dirty and there is grime at the bottom of the pail so I don't get what happens to the dirt with the steaming the floor?

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

isitdoneyet..The dirt is collected on the micro fiber pads. It's amazing how dirty they get. I always vacuum before I steam. Once a week I do use the Hoover floormate, I like that a lot too, it's just more time consuming, thats why I love this mop so much! Lets us know if you try it!
    Ree

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

I have never posted before, despite the fact that I have been following this forum since the beginning. And waiting to decide whether or not to order one. If there are that many of you posting, there are probably twice as many like me who are just reading and waiting to decide whether to order one. My question is I have laminate wood flooring throughout and I hate the streaks left by mopping. Ree, I am surprised you still use your Hoover floormate. Does the steam mop lack something that you feel you get from Hoovering once a week? I recently threw my Hoover Floormate out because it left the floor so streaky (only used hot water no chemicals) and it took forever to mop and refill. For me it is much faster with a regular old fashioned mop. But I still dread the job and so am condsidering still buying the Shark despite the CS problems some of you have had. Anyway, blah, blah, blah I mostly just wanted to know if you like the Floormate, which I don't... then maybe I won't like the Shark either.
    What do you think?

• lynne_melb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ree, I think I will go with the Shark. I'm going to wait a bit, to make sure that you and eop continue to like yours.
    Thanks,
    Lynne

• lynne_melb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ree, is the Shark that you ordered look something like an upright vacuum cleaner? It's on the site that you provided for 4 payments of $19.95, plus $15.95. Is this it? I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order the one you are using.
    Thanks

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Hi Lynne!
    Yes..That is the one I ordered..It cleans well and the steam is powerful..I really think you will enjoy using it..let me know when you get it!
    Ree
    ps..do not do fast ship..it doesn't come any faster and it's an extra 10.00!

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Gail..what is going on? Hear anything yet? Hope it comes soon! Ree

eop2000..Where are you? haven't heard a peep! Want to hear your opinion on the mop after having it a few days.. Ree

• stardust_01
    16 years ago

Hi all! I am totally a newbie here, this is my first post! I found this after having just ordered my Shark Steam Mop, and I have been waiting for it to arrive. I just confirmed via tracking that it should be here tomorrow (!!!!!) - but I also had some weirdness with CS. They kept telling me they gave me the right tracking number, and that it had been shipped on the 6th. I could'nt find any mention of it anywhere until after 5 today, and that was on the USPS site, not Fed-ex... Anyway, as far as I can see, my credit card still hasn't been charged for it - is that usual? Does the 6o day trial mean they won't charge me until after that? Not terribly concerned, not enough to brave CS again (they did have an attitude, like I was bothering them) - just wondered about the rest of you as far as billing?

Also, and this is the real reason I am posting - reeree, can you use bleach on the cleaning pads? Can they go in the dryer (I thought I read somewhere that they may shrink...?) - I bought the extra package of 3 pads as I plan to be using this little machine a LOT, lol!!

Can hardly wait!!! I will post after it comes and I try it out!

Thanks!!
    stardust

• eop2000
    16 years ago

Hello Ladies! Sorry for the delay in telling you more. I have been extra busy. I am still enjoying the Steam Mop. It does great on my hardwoods! The true test was my bathroom. My husband is always complaining about the "sticky floor" from my hair spray. I did have to go over it again with a clean pad but that only makes sense. The hairspray was on the pad. I am amazed at how disgusting the cleaning pads look after EVERY cleaning. My husband said, "Well, unless there is something inside making the pads turn black....looks like it works pretty well!" So, that sums it up. I think all of you will enjoy it.

Stardust: The pads are fine in the dryer. It is the Reliable Steamboy pads that I read don't need to go in the dryer. These are fine. With that said, it is so good to order extra pads. Once you are on a roll mopping, you want to keep going and that means wanting clean pads for every room!

• stardust_01
    16 years ago

Thanks eop2000!

Tell me what you think of this idea - I am also getting that carpet-thingy (first 500 calls but no doubt everyone gets one) and was wondering if I could put that on and stand on my bed to steam the mattress and snuf the dust mites!!! It shouldn't soak the mattress, since the water is so hot, right? It should dry pretty quickly.... Hmmmm...

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

eop2000 I am SO happy you are loving it! Are you finding it is fast, taking much less time? It is truly amazing how much dirt it picks up..the only thing is, I wouldn't keep putting them in the dryer. After I am finished mopping and not putting it in the wash right away, I put soap and water and soak it so it doesn't stain badly..then I put them in when I do my towels and put it out side to dry..they do dry very fast.. Now we have to wait for Gail..hope she gets hers soon and enjoys it as well! Good hearing from you again! Ree

stardust_01 ..I paid all at one time..if you are doing the payment plan, I think they will take the money out..they took mine all at one time. I think if you want to return it, they will reimburse you... As I told eop2000 I do not put mine in the dryer, ever.. I don't see harm in using bleach..I don't do that either..I use borax or arm and hammer super washing soda as a whitener..I am sure a little bleach will be just fine! I am sure you will really enjoy using one..keep us posted! Ree

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Ree I have seen you post many times and have been so helpful and informative and so good about responding to everyone, but for some reason you haven't responded to my question about the Hoover Floormate. (left yesterday the 10th) Maybe you missed it? Also when you are finished mopping and aren't going to wash the pads right away, what kind of soap do you put on them? Do you soak them in water with the soap? Is is working? Are they still staying white? I'm going to order the same one you and eop2000 did, I think I am finally ready to take the plunge. Thanks for all your help!

• sos_verde_hotmail_com
    16 years ago

If you have printed off the web pages that show the conflicting prices then you can call your credit card company and they will take back the money from the company/refund you. Also if you printed off your sales slip showing the monthly installments, they can also fix that. Sometimes you have to be pushy with them to get them to do it, but my brother used to work for American Express and he told me how things work there. I have been able to use his advice on these matters several times to my benefit as a consumer.
    Fortunatly I can go get mine from Canadian Tire in Canada.
    Thanks for the info on this mop.
    Good Luck

• winipsyc
    16 years ago

I don't know if they'll deliver to the US, but here is a page with both the floor mop steamer and the hand held, as well as the clothes steamer that turns into an iron, I wonder if that one could double as a hand held... If anyone knows please tell me.

Here is a link that might be useful: shark mop etc..

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Be careful, though I have the shark hand held and don't like it at all. I think Ree said she tried the shark hand held steamer and didn't like it but now has the scuinci and loves it. If you are interested in getting a hand held, I wouln't try the shark... However, I am looking forward and even excited now, to try the shark steam mop. I will look into the canadian tire website. Thanks!!!

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

partyofsix
    oh I am so sorry! yes,..I must of missed it some how! I do like the Hoover Floormate also. They have improved them over the years from when they first came out. The newest model is the white with green trim. It is time consuming though..but I feel when you need a good scrub..it does a great job. I really don't use just one way of cleaning ..steam is one of my favorites..it's really effective and super fast. I love the hand held especially to clean the bathrooms.. I just blast with steam, wipe with a paper towel and done. yes..I hated the shark hand held..think it's probably the worse out there. beside the scunci, there is one on QVC. My mother in law bought one and likes it. It's made by McCulloch..it is the yellow one on their web site. I actually tried it at her house..( wanted to check it out) it works well..it's a little smaller than the scunci, so it holds less water, but easier on your hand with weight. I do like mine the best..I feel it's the most powerful that I have tried..and very hot..the water lasts a long time before having to refill ..if and when it goes ka-put..I will get the same one again (smile)

As far as the pads go..they do come out white, but will discolor eventually. I use laundry detergent..I wet the pad, drizzle the detergent..and rub it together (like you are getting out a stain) and I just leave it until I get them in the wash. I really don't think they will stay white white like when you first get them..but it does help to pre treat just as you would do with a stain. ( I often wondered why they actually make them white to begin with...maybe to see all the dirt it picks up..lol!) I really think you will enjoy the steam mop... please let me know when you get it! I would love to hear how you like it.
    Ree

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Thank you so much Ree. I am off to Target right now, so I am picking up some Brillo Oxy actions pads and looking for a Scuiinci. My Shark hand held is just not cutting it. I am also going to order the Shark mop. You all have been very helpful. Thanks!! It's funny, I found this website like 3 weeks ago because I had watched an infomercial on the H20 mop and wanted to read some reviews on it. Now I am looking for all sorts of ways to improve my cleaning methods, thanks to all of you. It puts a spark into otherwise mundane tasks and doing things the way "mom always use to do" them.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

partyofsix
    you are too cute! keep in touch and let me know how you like the brillo, scunci and shark mop.. be careful with the scunci..very powerful and very HOT. Let it really cool down before you open the cap after use..I have given my self a good steam burn back when... you will really enjoy a fast way to clean, everything will be truly clean... my mom doesn't even clean any more like "mom always use to do it..LOL Ree

• partyofsix
    16 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep you updated.

• victorian227
    16 years ago

Gail: Did you ever get your mop?

Ree: I am going to Target at lunch time to get the Scunci. I think I will start with that before I settle on a floor steamer. I just spent 30 minutes reading reviews on the Scunci they are either very, very good or very, very bad. I think there are some defective models out there and people don't realize it. Most people like you think it's great. I'll keep you updated. By the way Ree, do you have any good sources for lace curtains. I am looking for some new ones but don't want to spend $90-100 per panel. Thanks.

• gailee
    16 years ago

well yesterday I was at my wits end, but to be fair I waited one more day to make it a week. I called today and asked again where is my mop? she said it had to be reshipped, I told her I knew that but that was a week ago. ( I had called them on the 6th.) she said let me get you a tracking number, Ok at least I will know where it is. Silence then mumbling I can tell she is reading. she said it was shipped on the 7th and again on the 11th. I said that makes three times it has been shipped what is the problem? She does not know. she said it should be there by next week, I said that is what I was told last week.This woman knew absolutely nothing. You know when they entered it in to the computer they had to put a reason. I am livid my next step is to dispute it with my cc if it is not here Monday. Gail

• gailee
    16 years ago

well yesterday I was at my wits end, but to be fair I waited one more day to make it a week. I called today and asked again where is my mop? she said it had to be reshipped, I told her I knew that but that was a week ago. ( I had called them on the 6th.) she said let me get you a tracking number, Ok at least I will know where it is. Silence then mumbling I can tell she is reading. she said it was shipped on the 7th and again on the 11th. I said that makes three times it has been shipped what is the problem? She does not know. she said it should be there by next week, I said that is what I was told last week.This woman knew absolutely nothing. You know when they entered it in to the computer they had to put a reason. I am livid my next step is to dispute it with my cc if it is not here Monday. Gail

• singlemarine
    16 years ago

ok so this is my first time posting on a garden website... :P
    I'm living on my own and tryin to find a simple, safe way to keep things clean seeing as how I hate cleaning solutions. I read like every post thats up here... and thought I'd go on a limb and grabbed the shark hard surface steam cleaner from target for my bathroom/kitchen. any tips/ideas about how it will work? thanks....

SingleMarine

• bestyears
    16 years ago

Ree,
    I noticed that Macy's has the Shark Steam Blaster, (which looks like it can function as both a mop and a handheld) for $99.99 -plus I'm a cardholder and just got a coupon for 20% off, so that would be a great price. Is this like the one you used to use and then they discontinued for awhile? what do you think of it?
    Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Shark Steam Blaster at Macy's

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

bestyears
    no, my old one was also a 'stick' mop, no canister. I truly never tried one like the one in Macys, but I am sure it will do the same job as the rest of them. Seems to hold a lot of water and the steaming time is great..30 minutes! You have to think about pulling the canister around with you..if that is not an issue.. give it a try. Before you buy it, find out what the return policy is just in case you are not happy with it. Let me know what you decide, it will be interesting to hear how you like it if you buy this one! Keep me posted!!!!
    Ree

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Gail
    I am so sorry this is happening to you! I don't even know what to say..lost for words on this one for sure. Let us know what happens..my fingers are crossed !!!!!
    Ree

• Waggn
    16 years ago

I bought my shark steam mop at Canadian Tire a couple of weeks ago. I do love it! I am thrilled to not be breathing the fumes of the hardwood cleaner that I was using. The mop head is a little smaller than I thought it looked in the ads, but I expect I wouldn't like the extra weight if it were larger. I have used it on sealed hardwood, marble and vinyl composite tile floors so far. All have cleaned beautifully. I haven't tried it on my wood laminate yet. I will post again when I have.

• aleen
    16 years ago

I just got a Shartertek Pro yesterday. It is terrible. It dosen't steam, and the water runs out the bottom and floods the kitchen. I emailed them today to request a return authoriaztion. I would like to try the Shark, but dosen't sound like they have very good customer service. I wonder if they will ever sell the Shark in stores? Has anyone tried the Mira Bella Steam Mop?

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

aleen..sorry to hear you were disappointed with the steamer you bought..bummer!! I never heard of it. I did look at the mira bella on line, but I couldn't honestly say much about it, as this is the first I have heard about it as well. As I have posted in the past, I think most of the floor steamers work the same way..but they all have something a little different about each of them due to different manufacturers. Some cleaning pads just stick to the bottom, some you have to clip on, stretch on ...some have continuous steam, others have a trigger you have to hold..some the water is filled at the base, some are on the 'stick' part of the mop... depends what features you like and will be comfortable using. It's no secret about Shark's CS..but I do like the mop.. which ever one you decide to get, you'll be happy you did..it's a great way to clean floors and super fast too!! keep us posted!
    Ree

• Terri
    16 years ago

This sounds so interesting. We just had wood look laminate laid and this sounds like it might be good for it. Has anyone used it on laminate yet?

I'm definitely thinking about the Shark for my tile areas tho (bathrooms and kitchen). To bad they have such bad CS, just think how many they would sell from this post alone if it were better. Just amazes me how much companies are willing to loose in order to save a buck by out-sourcing their CS.

Terri

• Waggn
    16 years ago

I just used mine again, and I am really liking how clean the floors are getting compared to my previous cleaning methods. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the steam mop has a "high gadget factor" and I am actually keen to clean the floors more often. Terri, I will try to clean my wood laminate soon and let you know how that goes. That is my basement floor so I don't place it high on my cleaning priority list.
    I attached a lightweight extension cord to the mop today and it made it much easier to use; it doubled the length of the cord.

• bestyears
    16 years ago

As usual, I am analyzing this to death before I buy a steam mop. If anyone has any input on any of my questions, please post away!
    My first issue: I like the idea of having a unit that will do the floors and pulls apart to use as a hand held unit as well. The SteamFast does this. However, that brings me to issue no. 2.... I'm wondering how important the wattage is. The SteamFast is, I think, 1200 watts, but the Reliable is 1500 watts -does that really matter in the power of the steam? I'm also curious about the Bissell but cannot find the wattage on it. I can't remember how many watts the Shark is. I have liked Europro products in the past, but am nervous about the customer service on the Shark, so am not looking at that one as much as the others.

Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated as I am suffering from paralysis-by-analysis...
    Lynn

• gailee
    16 years ago

Hello,hello Gail here, my mop arrived on Saturday and I was at work Sat and Sun so will get to use it this afternoon. I will be back to tell you about it Gailee

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Lynn
    I am not sure how the others work, I never tried them. I really like the shark ..had their first mop, and now the second. The posters on here who bought it seems to be really happy with theirs as well. Some one did post the Reliable had leak problems..with the Bissell you have to hold a trigger when mopping to get the steam to release..and so far, never heard of the steam fast.. don't only look at wattage, also look what you will be comfortable using.. pro's and con's of each mop. In the end, they all clean the same way..with steam. let us know when you decide! Ree

Gail
    YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so happy you finally got it!!! and.......??????? details!! Ree

• jwhitten58_gmail_com
    16 years ago

I've heard so many good things and I am really interested in steaming my floors. I use a mop and go over my floors at least 3 times to make sure they are clean, and it takes a while. I have to have a clean bathroom but I hate the mopping. Does anyone know if the h2O mops can really clean a bathroom, including behind the toilet, which is in a tight space. I have kids so sometimes they tend to miss the toilet which can really be gross when you're bare feet, which really makes me clean it so often. So I guess I have 2 questions: 1.) can it clean behind the toilets and really clean the bathroom well, and 2.) Which H2O Mop should I get and where?

Desperate to know :)

• rojo_424_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I just found this forum while researching the Shark Steam Mop. I have been sitting here for longer than I should (I'm at work!)reading all of your input and have found it very helpful. While surfing the net I found this listing on the bestbuy.com website:

Shark - Upright Steam Mop - Metallic Lavender
    Model: S3101 : SKU: 8591473 $79.99

Ree, can you tell me if this is the same exact model that you own? If it is, then this could be a great alternative to dealing with the Cust. Service Dept. at Shark. I've always had great service at Best Buy. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Rojo

• seabeethom_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

has anyone tryed the thane h20 mop out? and how does it compare to the shark?

• tjchristie_rogers_com
    15 years ago

Wow! I just bought the H2O and so far I love it. Was very concerned when I looked up reviews AFTER the purchase and saw so many complaints about it, but I wonder if it could be user error causing their leaks (not putting the water container in properly)or expecting too much of the machine if there is calcium build-up on the floors/grout. It worked beautifully for me. The triangular design got right into the corners, it swivels easily and yes, it did a great job around the toilett (I have two boys, some of you will know what this means!) My floors had a damp sheen for a short time but were not excessively wet. Sticky kitchen spills came up immediately. I love the fact that it works continuously as you require steam with a touch to the lever and without having to hold or repeatedly press buttons like other models, but stops the steam as soon as you depress the lever again. The cloth cover is very decent grade and reasonably thick, I expect it to withstand repeated washing. The rug my dog has claimed came up great and I made sure that I did not leave the steam on any spot too long, so it was only lightly damp and not wet. So far, I am very pleased with my purchase. Use it properly and it works as claimed.

• destany90_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I have had my Thane H2O mop for over 3 years now and it works just as good as it did when I bought it. I love it