Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dish detergrnt in packets - mine stick together

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 13:18

Don't recall the upscale brand but the little buggers stick together in the bag.

Maybe moot as I may not use buy them again. So, just curious if you use them how do you handle them?

This post was edited by albert_135 on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 9:45

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dish detergrnt in packets - mine stick together

The manual for my new washer said not to use paks. That must cause more than visual problems.

o

Don't reach in the pouch with wet hands.

o

Along with wet hands, I would also suspect storing them where the conditions are hot and humid (under a sink, next to the dishwasher that puts off some heat, etc.) may also contribute to the sticking. High humidity may actually activate the melting of the packet.

In my new Bosch dishwasher, they suggest using 1 T. of powdered dishwasher detergent or detergent tablets for most loads. I just stick with powdered detergent and use even less than 1 tablespoon. In these new dishwashers, more isn't better.

-Grainlady

o

Yep - wet hands. I discovered that, too.

Maybe the pods shouldn't be kept in their original plastic bag. Maybe the pods should be dumped into an open container of some kind with free air flow - Tupperware?

o

I had that happen too. I just use the Finish tabs that have the red button in the middle. Costco always seem to have a good sale on. Each one is easy open, individually wrapped.
They work great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here