Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT--but I need advice

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 13:13

I read all of your advice here often, and respect your opinions. Hoped you might share your thoughts/experience with me before I spend money on a mattress for our motor home.

Do any of you have a sleep number mattress? What's your thoughts about them?

We've tried one out and gotten a price quote for a queen size one. It was very comfortable and I liked the fact that each side could be adjusted separately--but with all the tubes and the pump, seems like so many things that could malfuntion.

Before I spend this kind of money--over $1,000--I just like to hear other's experiences/suggestions.

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT--but I need advice

You are right, it is off topic, try posting this in the furniture forum, you will get better results. Good luck!

o

I don't have one so I can't give an opinion. I know it has come up in conversations on the Decorating board as well. Do a search with the words "sleep number" - including the parens - and you will see lots of threads on the subject.

o

I just spent $1300 on a bed from Sleepys. It's a Serta mattress, extra tall, with a "pillow" top. We're very happy with it, but this just gives you an idea of what prices are like out there. Getting a "premium" mattress for a grand seems like a bargain. Good luck and have fun shopping!

o

I have a sleep number mattress. It has the pillow top. My husband and I love it. he's a 40 and I range between a 45 to 65 at times. I've had it about 5 years now and moved houses with it one time. We both love it. We've had everything from cheap mattresses to motionless waterbed to expensive conventional mattress. I hope that I can always have a sleep number bed. The only down side that I've had is that my side of the bed, I have to pump up more often. I think I have a super tiny leak in a tube. (dang dog chewing under the bed is my guess) but it's never been so much as a problem to even try and get it fixed under warranty. We both love it. I know when we bought it, it was a huge chunk of change for us, but it was worth it.

Good luck on your decision...
PJ

o

Hi
My husband and I stayed at a Radisson Hotel once and they had Sleep Number mattresses in the rooms. Maybe you could see if that is universal because it seemed as if they were promoting them. We thought it was very comfortable. Perhaps the next time you need a hotel you could deliberately stay at a Radisson in order to test it out for a night. Just an idea....

Here is a link that might be useful: Radisson Sleep Number

o

Thanks for your responses. I'm really glad to find that those of you who have them really love them and have not had any major or frequent problems. We are going to check into a couple of other brands, and then try to make a good decision--crossing fingers here! LOL

Luvs

o

We have a posturpedic and spent $4000. It is the best purchase that we have ever made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here