Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnalite Pot cleaning

Posted by bamasue (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 08 at 12:23

It's a large chicken fryer and I need some suggestions for removing the discoloration in the bottom of the pot. According to DD who last used it "I forgot to turn the burner off". She had washed it and set it on the still hot electric burner prior to putting it away. To no avail, I've tried dishwashing soap/water and BonAmi cleanser and still no luck. Thought of a Brillo pad, but thought I'd check with any of you first who are familiar with Magnalite. TIA!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnalite Pot cleaning

My grandmother kept your pots like new with lemon juice, course salt and lots of elbow grease. She would scrub for hours once a week on all her pots. They always looked brand new.

o
RE: Magnalite Pot cleaning

Great suggestion! Grandmas always know best and know how to take care of things to make them last! Now DD will be "encouraged" to roll up her sleeves and make me a happier Mom! Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here