Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet solution question

Posted by cohoss (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 7, 09 at 11:32

Hi all,
I'm getting ready to help a friend clean his carpets next weekend. He has two dogs and lot of stains (primarily old vomit stains) and lots of areas of dark gunk (I'm assuming oil and dirt from the dogs because it tends to accumulate where they lie).

I've been using Charlie's Soap (half strength dilution) in my own carpet cleaner and have had OK results.

My friend's sister recommended Folex -- I've seen it before but don't remember where. She claims it's doing a good job on her berber carpets and a decent job on cut pile. Does anyone have any history of using this product and were the results good?

I also thought I'd try pretreating the really dirty areas with a very light solution of Tide and a scrub brush to help break down the fats and oils and dirt and then rinse/vac a few times to see if that helps with the stubborn areas.

ANy other suggestions would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet solution question

I've had good luck with Oxyclean. I use a scoop or two dissolved in hot water in a rental machine and carpets come out looking great.

o
RE: Carpet solution question

The best cleaner is a product called "A Clear Choice".
I have Folex which is good, but "A Clear Choice" will make spots disappear before your eyes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here