Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
matelass� bed cover turned pink in the washer

Posted by DFerro (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 11 at 10:45

We live in an apartment building with communal washers that are front loading. Last night, I washed my white matelasse bed cover, which I have done many times before. When I took it out of the washer, it was pink!

I checked the washer before I put the cover in the machine, and there was nothing in there. I did use too much Clorox, as some extra spilled in the top container.

Does anyone have any idea why or how this happened, and more importantly, how to get my matelasse bed cover back to its beautiful white?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: matelass� bed cover turned pink in the washer

You might try posting this in the laundry forum - there are quite a few laundry enthusiasts over there that might have an answer for you.

I know there is a dye removing product (maybe from Rit?).

o
RE: matelass� bed cover turned pink in the washer

I would take it to the dry cleaners. Someone might have dyed something in the washing machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here