Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microfiber cloths - leaving dust behind on mirrors

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 10:06

I have some Durafiber microfiber cloths that are great for cleaning, but I'm having a problem with them leaving what I'll call dust behind on the mirrors and glass doors. I shake them outside and wash them in the washer alone...no other items besides the microfiber cloths. Use vinegar in the rinse water. Dry on low. I use a color-coded method...using a certain color for glass/mirros only. So I'm NOT dusting the furniture and then cleaning the glass with the same rag. What should I be doing differetnly so I won't have this dust or lint left behind on the glass?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microfiber cloths - leaving dust behind on mirrors

Peabody,
Are you using the regular microfiber or the blue suede micro glass one?

I use a micro fiber squeegee scrubber, then a rubber squeegee, and then only wipe any hidden drops with the blue suede micro made for glass/mirror.

Toile :)

o

Peabody, I wanted to get back with you today.
I cleaned someone else mirror today and I had fibers on the mirror from the cloths too...
I am going to try again tomorrow, and also wash these and try yet again.
The only thing I can determine is that I set the cloths down on their floor for a little while but I doubt thats the issue.....

o

peabody1,
I have the same problem using the yellow Costco microfiber towels on mirrors. They leave tiny fiber debris that really shows!
I bought some kitchen microfiber towels that are sold online @ Costco and are waffle weave texture. THEY work fantastic! I plan on buying a few packs of them to use for cleaning I like them so well!
I'll continue to use the yellow ones for car washing or heavy cleaning etc...
Hope this helps!

BTW, Costco refunds shipping costs if you don't like something and have to take it back to the B&M store.

o

I've used newspaper on mirrors and windows for years, without a streak or lint left behind. I like to use either store-brand window cleaner (Wal*Mart's is less than $1 per bottle) or vinegar/water spray. Cheap and effective. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here