Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best steam mop/cleaner for floors

Posted by kjabal (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 9:55

Hi everyone,

I just moved into a new home with lots of tile (counters and floors in bathrooms as well as a great deal of the first floor) and a small section of wood flooring. I'm looking for something that will help me clean it quickly and thoroughly. I usually use a swiffer, but that doesn't help with the grout or textured tile.

Any thoughts or recommendations are really appreciated.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best steam mop/cleaner for floors

My advice is to not mess around with the steam mops and instead go for one of the (mostly) Italian made vapor cleaning machines that hold 2 to 3 quarts of water. They look like canister vacuum cleaners.

The best known is the LadyBug. I have a Vapor Clean TR5, but would not necessarily recommend that brand. Look for a stainless steel boiler.

There is debate about whether they should be used on wood floors, but they are wonderful for ceramic tile floors. You need to vacuum the floor before using the steamer.

o

I LOVE my Bissell Steam Mop! Can be used on sealed hardwood too.

o

I just got a Bissell steam mop. I like it "okay." It works well on my wood floors, which are pretty clean anyway, but it can't get into the grout lines between my kitchen tiles. I would like to find a powerful steam spray mop that also has a scrubby brush that spins or something. Haven't found one yet!

o

I've had a shark steam blaster and just recently got a ladybug. There's absolutely no comparison between the two. The Lady Bug was really expensive, but I use it every other day, it's VERY powerful and I expect for it to last for a long time. You can do a search here for Lady Bug or steam cleaners and get quite a bit of info. There was also a recent post called "Back to the bucket", I think it's on the second page (sorry, I'm not sure how to link a post) where I commented on the Lady Bug and what I've done with it. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here