Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What about cleaning pollen from windows?

Posted by ninelargec (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 8, 09 at 9:40

There is still a thin film of yellow pollen on my windows, and I can't stand to see it there any longer! If you've got allergies like I do, I'm sure that you know what I mean.

So there are a few different ways of cleaning windows from the outside, but there is a new Windex outdoor cleaning tool and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What about cleaning pollen from windows?

I wish to help you with the process in which i prefer cleaning my windows.
Gather your supplies, including the squeegee, household sponge, plastic scrubby (same you use for Silverstone or Teflon surfaces), soft, white and absorbent cotton rags, a bucket with cleaning solution made of:

* 1/2 Cup Ammonia
* 1/2 C White Vinegar
* 2 TBL. Cornstarch
* 3/4 Gal. of Warm Water

Stir the above ingredients gently making sure that the cornstarch is thoroughly dissolved.

Dip the sponge into the solution, beginning at the top and work your way down. Be generous with the solution and apply with a rotating motion making sure you get right up against the window casings, top to bottom and side to side. When the window has been thoroughly covered, you might use the scrubby and go over it again while it is still wet to dislodge any dried on dirt. Work fast. Then you can go over the surface again with the sponge.

Take one of the soft clean cotton rags and run it along the top edge of the glass, drying about 3-4 inches down from the top. Then take the squeegee and begins wiping the solution from the window, using strong, smooth strokes. Start at the top and work down. At the end of each stroke, wipe the blade of the squeegee with your soft clean rag. Continue until the whole window has been dried with the squeegee. You may have to use your soft absorbent rag to go around the edges and mop up solution that dripped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here