Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
greasy smell

Posted by blue_velvet_elvis (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 08 at 7:02

My son and his girl and baby (on Monday) have moved into our rental house. She, being from the South, loves to deep fry EVERYTHING. The house and everything that was stored in it smells greasy.

I had been keeping a little bassinette there until it was time for the baby. It's for here for when I babysit. It can't really be washed as far as I can see. It's made of fabric that has metal poles that go through it but I don't believe it can be dismantled enough to allow washing of the fabric in the laundry.

Any ideas how to rid it of it's greasy smell? It smells a lot like when DS 1 had worked at a convience store and cooked there and came home smelling like grease. It's rather nauseating.

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: greasy smell

Maybe you could you place the bassinette in the bathtub and wash the fabric with a good grease-cutting cleaner, maybe Dawn dishwashing liquid. Then set it outside or in front of a fan to dry.

I know what you mean about that grease smell . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here