Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cuticle remover on diamond -Wow

Posted by molossermom (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 11 at 1:18

Hi all. This is my first post on this forum after browsing it for a few months I see a lot of like minded people here ; people that get tickled when they find something that really works. My friends and family just didn't get my excitement and so I thought I�d run my discovery by you guys and see , maybe I am nuts.
For starters my ring consists of 10 little diamonds set in the middle and across the top of a platinum band with a big diamond held above them in the middle. (Its built like a fortress!)Having a bad habit of losing things; I thought it safest to wear it 24/7. Needless to say it gets dirty!
I mean really dirty, I cook, I garden, and clean up after two Giant English Mastiffs. After twelve years of trying everything from baking soda, to ammonia , to steam and never being able to get all the backs of the diamonds grime free , yeah i got excited when just decided to brush some cuticle remover on my as well as my nails. Waited two minutes took an old toothbrush and under cold running water did minimal scrubbing and ....WOW it was dazzling .try and see!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cuticle remover on diamond -Wow

Great idea-I'll try it on my engagement ring. It's a one karat diamond in a white gold setting.I no longer wear it eveeryday because it's too tight. (I've gained a little weight since 1979,oops!) But I remember there was some grime in the setting.

o

Thanks for the response jannie. You won't be disapionted.Let me know how it comes out.

o

Thanks for sharing helpful idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here