Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spot dry cleaning upholstery?

Posted by lynne_melb (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 1:04

I have several wicker chairs with removable cushions. The fabric is marked dry clean only.

I had a cleaning service here for something else and asked for an estimate on these chairs and recliners.

It makes sense to have the cleaners do the recliners. However, the price was high for the removable cushions. The guy from the service recommended a home dry cleaning solution that used to be at Wal-mart. I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps a rug carpet cleaner? Or perhaps some sort of home made solution. The cushions are an unusual shape.

Thanks so much,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spot dry cleaning upholstery?

What is the name of the home dry cleaning solution he suggested?

o
RE: Spot dry cleaning upholstery?

He didn't know the name, just that it was in Wal-Mart. I looked there, and all a saw was a kit that you could use on your clothes - stick them in a dryer or something.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here