Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spray paint removal

Posted by musicteacher (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 23:59

My hubby's truck was vandalized with spray paint and I mentioned it on Facebook. My son then called and told me about a new product they sell at Pittsburgh paint called overspray remover. It says on the bottle " not for sale to the public" but they did. Other companies may have this too? You have to work fast and rinse it all off in 15 minutes or so, but it got every drop of paint off and left the clear coat on the truck strong and shiny. I also loaned it to two neighbors on the street who got the same treatment and it worked for them too. At first it seemed that it was doing nothing then suddenly it started to smear everywhere and looked worse than ever. But clean paper towels picked all of that up pretty quick. It is not something you need ongoingly,m but if you get "drive by painted" at least you know where to find this stuff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spray paint removal

I had a car some kids with spray paint walked down the side of it ..psssssst. I was out to dinner with another ocuple.. so maybe 2 hours or so it dried. But once home it came off with regular car wax with some effort. Full strip down the side..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here