Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sticky carpet

Posted by gabriell (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 22:48

My grand-daughter was playing a board game with friends and taped it to the carpet.It has left sticky places my daughter cannot remove. Does anyone have an idea of what she might do? I would appreciate any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sticky carpet

I would try liquid Bissell carpet cleaner with warm water and a nail brush, or liquid Tide w/o bleach.

o

This is one of the products we use in the Rug Cleaning Biz

Scroll down to the Goo Remover under the Select a Product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Goof-Off

o

I had a similar thing happen when the painter duct taped down some strips of paper. The glue residue attracted dirt, and soon everywhere there had been tape, there was a dirty mark.

I called the people in the link below (see bottom of page), and the woman was very helpful. They gave me specific directions on how to remove the residue, and it worked.

Here is a link that might be useful: stain removal guide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here