Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get rid of bleach smell after whitening sheets

Posted by angiepangie (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 22:22

This maybe a no brainer but I have always wondered, after you have bleached your whites- and done the extra rinse, and maybe some vinegar- the bleach smell remains. I am very sensitive to this smell. How do you get it out? I am tired of washing things several times to remove it. Perhaps I need to stop using bleach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get rid of bleach smell after whitening sheets

If you have washed them several times I don't think you will get the smell out. I stopped using bleach years ago because laundry soap came out with it. Even using those products I had to buy the non fragrant. I used Tide with bleach for awhile then found Purex Triple Action no fragrance does just as well and a lot less expensive. I just keep bleach in the home to clean bird feeders,

o

Emma, do these products you mention do good at whites? Right now I am soaking my bleachy blanket in Biz.

o

The Purex Triple action is great. It does such a nice job I do NOT use it on colors. It is a liquid and the fragrance free is in a white bottle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here