Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ink on carpet

Posted by babsflo (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 22:03

How do you get black ink off of beige carpet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ink on carpet

This may sound weird but I have found it works for ME.
Cut a potato in half and lay the cut half on the ink spot. Just let it set there. it seems to draw the ink out.
Another thing you may try is hairspray. Just spray and wipe with a dry cloth.

o
RE: Ink on carpet

I had terrible trouble with an ink stain on carpetting. My kids pen leaked on the rug, I tried every remedy known-hairspray, alcohol, spotcleaners, rug shampoo. All I was able to do was remove the color from the carpet itself. What started as a dark blue stain the size of a quarter changed to a pinkish-yellowish blob about eight inches accross. I now have a throw rug over the spot. The carpet is basically totally ruined. Warning-you may not be satisfied with home remedies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here