Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Removing latex odor from mattress topper

Posted by gardenspuds (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 18:59

I could have sworn I submitted this message earlier today, it must not have gone through. Please excuse me if it is double posted. I didn't know where to post this, but you all on this cleaning forum has so many useful suggestions for just about everything!

About 6 weeks ago I bought a 1.5 inch latex mattress topper. As the summer has been heating up, the latex odor is getting stronger and stronger. It had only a slight odor when I purchased it.

I've been stripping off the sheets, opening the window and blowing a fan over it, hoping to dissapate some of the smell. Doesn't seem to help.

We don't have air conditioning, so keeping cooler temps not possible.

Anyone have any ideas to help with the odor? It's getting so bad that my pajamas smell of latex for hours after getting out of bed! I'm trying to go "green", but the smell bothers me so much I am considering going back to a polyurathane eggcrate foam topper!

Thanks.
Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Removing latex odor from mattress topper

At this point I would call the company and ask for a refund. The odor should have been gone by now, and there is really nothing more you can do that I know of.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here