Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bissell Pro heat carpet cleaner(how to clean the machine)

Posted by debbiep (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 18:04

I have a bissell pro heat carpet cleaner and the clear face plate(were the water is carried back up to the tank)from the carpet,anyway this piece which is plastic is becoming dirty with pet hair,etc.Theres no way to remove the piece so I can rinse it out nor is the opening at the bottom large enough to stick something up there to try to reach some of the debris.Anyone have any ideas on how ro clean it out.I would think eventually it would get very cluttered.Thanks in advance for any ideas..Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bissell Pro heat carpet cleaner(how to clean the machine)

I also have 2 of these machines and short of lifting the entire machine up to the sink and using the sinks sprayer, you would have to remove the 2 side screws to get it off. The machines work really well but this is a problem that the manufacturer needs to address and go back to the drawing board to remedy.

o

Like the above poster said, the clear part does come off for cleaning, by removing two small screws. I believe it's recommended that you do this after each use.

My husband and I have a deal... I clean the carpets and he cleans the machine when I'm done. The worst thing you can do with one of these machines is to not clean it out properly between uses.

o

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

o

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here