Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Bissell Pro heat carpet cleaner(how to clean the machine)

debbiep_gw
17 years ago

I have a bissell pro heat carpet cleaner and the clear face plate(were the water is carried back up to the tank)from the carpet,anyway this piece which is plastic is becoming dirty with pet hair,etc.Theres no way to remove the piece so I can rinse it out nor is the opening at the bottom large enough to stick something up there to try to reach some of the debris.Anyone have any ideas on how ro clean it out.I would think eventually it would get very cluttered.Thanks in advance for any ideas..Debbie

Comments (8)

• mscratch
    17 years ago

I also have 2 of these machines and short of lifting the entire machine up to the sink and using the sinks sprayer, you would have to remove the 2 side screws to get it off. The machines work really well but this is a problem that the manufacturer needs to address and go back to the drawing board to remedy.

• Daplanegone
    9 years ago

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

• Daplanegone
    9 years ago

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

• Linda McDonald
    7 years ago

Did the above. All went well except it seems to drag across the floor some? Like it is sitting to far down.

• vrod327
    7 years ago

In the new Bissel Proheat II, there is a release button on the side of the machine, similar to the one in the back to release the handle. The button on the side allows you to lift the motor and entire mechanism off the wheels and handle frame. Then there are 3 screws that you remove to release the plastic floor nozzle. This allows you to clean the clear plastic floor nozzle using a thin wire and hot soapy water. I used compressed air also, but everyone may not have access to that. Also, Bissel has numerous videos on their website that may help. Look at the one to remove the belts and brushes and it is the same procedure to get to the nozzle.

• Loriann Gazella
    3 years ago

I was trying to figure this out myself My machine actually has three screws not two. One on either side and one at the top of the plastic part. Everything snaps right out pretty easily after you remove the screws.

• Becki Armington
    3 years ago

Thanks for the tips! After I remove the top piece to clean the one clear plastic piece under it collects gunk that you can't reach. I use the canned air that you use to clean keyboards to get that stuff out!