Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch compact or Dyson Animal?

Posted by natalija_gardener (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 6, 09 at 17:07

Hi!
I am thinking of buying a vacuumcleaner. I read a lot of info, and now I have a dillemma which one of these two to buy.
We have 1st floor hardwood frloor with some arial rugs. Second floor is carpeted.
I like the idea of small compact German vac., but a little terrified about looking for the bags all the time.
Any help or adviceon which one to choose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch compact or Dyson Animal?

I love my Dyson upright, but I would not want to carry it up and down stairs regularly. And it's not the ideal choice for a hardwood+area rug situation.

I believe that Dyson's canister model now has a powered head, and it is bagless. That might be something to consider.

o

I am not sure which model Bosch you are referring to, because there are smaller compact models. These are suction-only canisters. They also have Formula models, some of which have smaller power nozzles for carpeting.

If you have alot of hardwood floors, plus area rugs and carpeting upstairs, I would suggest a canister with power nozzle. Bosch uses power nozzles on their Formula series and their Premium line of full-sized canisters. Another set-up would be to use your present vacuum, if it has a rotating brushroll, for the upstairs and area rugs and purchase a suction-only canister for the floors.

I think that if you are looking at the compact Bosch canisters, you could find more selection in other brands. The Bosch suction-only canisters are going to run about $250+.

Today, vacuum cleaner bags are not hard to find. If the brand is a well-known name like Bosch, bags can easily be purchased. You found this website, so you have some internet smarts. Bags are just a click away. They can be purchased on the internet and sent to your home. I do have to say that the bags, for the Bosch brand, are somewhat high compared to other brands that use the same technology.

If you are thinking about the Dyson canister, you better try it out first and see if you like it.

Let me know which model Bosch you are looking at and what vacuum cleaner brand and model you are using now.

o
RE:Price in the Link-

BTW, do not pay attention to the price in that link,because they are cheaper than the listed price.

o

Disregard my previous post, because it was meant for another thread. Boy, it is late.

BTW, this forum needs to have an EDIT option for after we post a message.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here