Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meile Libra or Riccar Charisma

Posted by moodyda (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 16:40

I am in the process of purchasing a new Vacuum. We have 2200 sq. ft. home mostly Tile and Burber carpeting. We also have a couple of low to medium pile carpets. One large dog (a doberman) and one allergy sufferer. I have demo'd both and they both are fantastic machines. It seems as though the Riccar has a several foot advantage on cord length and hose length, however, it only has 2 ft advantage in total area covered. The Riccar can be had for $599 while the Meile will run $699 (floor model). Same dealer so service wouldn't be a part of the equation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meile Libra or Riccar Charisma

You have two very good choice here. You could not go wrong with either one.

The Riccar is going to have a longer warranty, which is helpful if something should go wrong. You should find out that the cost of bags and filters will be cheaper for the Riccar. I think the price for the Riccar is much more pleasing than the higher price Miele floor model.

You will have to decide which you prefer, because we are not the ones who will be cleaning your home. You said that you have tried them both, so pick the one that will be more enjoyable to use.

o

So you are basically saying that they are equals. I was under the impression that the Meile was better in the way the unit was sealed or is that not the case?

o

Both Charisma and Libra have a 100% sealed system.

Here is a link that might be useful: Riccar Charisma

o

Purchased the Meile today. I am glad that I got to test them head to head. Paid $699 for the Meile and could have had the Riccar for $399 (on sale). There is absolutely no comparison between the two. The Riccar is in the same class as a Kenmore(build quality), while the Meile is built to last. Thanks for your help, but there is no substitute for actually trying them out head to head.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here