Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning oven door glass

Posted by Busymama1214 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 15:59

My husband is a real GENIUS!! He found a way to clean the interior door glass on our oven. He got a slim man's tie and the handle of a fly swatter, and made a slit in one side of the tie. He then bent the end of the fly swatter handle slightly so it would make the tie put a little pressure on the glass. Next, he slid the handle into the slit on the tie, then sprayed glass cleaner on the tie (wet, but not dripping). He then slid the tie-covered handle down through one of the holes at top of door frame, and was able to push the tie around to clean the drip. He also put the tie down through some of the other holes and swished the tie back & forth like a windshield wiper. It cleaned the whole glass panel perfectly! I then cleaned the outer glass and it all looked Brand New! Nothing to take apart on the oven. Absolutely Genius!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning oven door glass

Guys are kinda good to have around aren't they.

o

Very clever!

o

My glass comes off with just 2 screws.

o

My oven door has been bothering me for years. While there were subtle little differences in the door assembly you guidance was right on the mark. For the stubborn baked on stains in-between the glass I used a straight edge razor blade as if scraping off the burned on sugars on the stove top.

This post was edited by andreiwright on Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 5:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here