Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ruined NEW Golf Shirt

Posted by MikkoSuave (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 15:05

Just washed an New white Golf Shirt on delicate. Pretreated the collar with Spray and Wash. Washed in All and Oxyclean, and after wash cycle I now have a dominant Yellow ring around the collar. I haven't dried it yet so any ideas out there? 100% polyester.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ruined NEW Golf Shirt

I would soak it in some bleach for a couple of hours, you were smart not to dry it.

o

Is the stain from the Spray and Wash or is it from body oils? If the stain is from the Spray and Wash, call the number on the bottle and ask them what to do.

Either way, I would spray Zout on the collar, rub it in well, wait 5 minutes, and then wash in hot water in a regular cycle along with some other whites.

o

Sunscreen? It will cause a yellow stain on white that I have yet to be able to remove.

o

If you can't get the stain out, at least you have a nice new shirt for wearing around the house.

o

You were right julie999 sunscreen stain (Coppertone Sport SP50) on collar and end of sleeves (stain on sleeves showed up after drying. Spayed with Goof Off (flamable) on the collar and treated with Goop hand cleaner, scrubbed with small brush. Used just Goop, on the sleeves and rewashed. All stains came out. Shirt saved. OxyClean made no difference or made worse.

o

Corrected:
You were right julie999 sunscreen stain (Coppertone Sport SP50) on collar and end of sleeves (stain on sleeves showed up after drying. Sprayed with Goof Off (flamable) on the collar and treated with Goop hand cleaner, scrubbed with small brush. Used just Goop, on the sleeves and rewashed. All stains came out. Shirt saved. OxyClean made no difference or made worse.

o

I've learned something new , Thank You :>) and I'm so glad your shirt was saved !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here