Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Beautiful New Carpet - Now What?

Posted by winker (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 12:41

I just got new carpet and my little dog got ahold of one of those hairbrushes that has the gel handle and bits of gel must have gotten on the carpet and it just looks like grey greasy spots in a million little different places. I'm not sure what's in the handle of the brush, but maybe sometype of silicone or something. Any ideas on how to get this mess out of the carpet?? Not sure which forum to put this on. I put it in several places because I am desperate to get this stuff out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Beautiful New Carpet - Now What?

Well, the first step is to try to vacuum up as much as possible before trying to clean it.

o

I'm not sure how well this would work but you could try sprinkling baking soda on the spots, let it soak up the gel, then vacuum. If I'm thinking of the right stuff the gel is almost wet, which would make it hard to get up. The baking soda might also absorb some of the grease. Good luck!

o

I would try the above suggestions first. You might want to also try Greased Lightening cleaner, if your carpet is nylon. I've used it successfully for spot cleaning. I also like a product called Hot Shot, which is a spray spot cleaner. Works pretty well, imo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here