Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to I Remove Pizza Stone that is Stuck...

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 11:10

to the oven rack. I have no idea how this happened. However, I do know that I can't think of a way to remove the stuck on pizza stone.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to I Remove Pizza Stone that is Stuck...

Put a towel in bottom of bathtub, place oven rack with pizza stone on the towel and cover with hot water. Allow to soak for a while or until you can remove the stone.

There may have been sugar or other kinds of drips on the oven racks that fused the pizza stone to it. Water will soften the drips allowing the stone to release.

Be sure and let pizza stone dry completely before using.

o

Thanks, krissie. I will try this.

o

I recently read a tip somewhere that recommended using fine grit sandpaper on pizza stones to remove baked on stuff and oil residue build up. Your stone may benefit from a quick sanding once you get it unstuck to rejuvenate the surface.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here