Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks Like Water Dried On, But Not Water on Sliding Glass Door

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 9:25

Help me clean my sliding glass door. It is hard to describe what is going on. It looks sort of like someone sprayed the glass and let it . It has a water spot appearance. I am not saying that is what happened, but to give you some kind of visual. I have tried to clean it, but no luck. Vinegar and water will not clean it. There is so build up of anything so nothing to scrape off. The glass itself just seems to have this look of something sprayed on and dried on. Suggestions for getting it off. I have used a microfiber cloth, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks Like Water Dried On, But Not Water on Sliding Glass Doo

I have the same thing. It is neither on the inside or the outside. Mine isn't coming out.

o

You've not said if the glass is clear. However, I have used a product available at Home Depot called Shower, Tub and Tile cleaner put out by ZEP. Follow the instructions, and for sure test on a small corner first. I use a white abrasive pad with this on stubborn marks. and found it may take more than one use. For sure, test on inconspicuous area first - it has a harsh odor as well!!

o

Is this a double pane insulated glass door? Could be the seal is failing and the cloudiness you see is inside the space between panes. Sometimes the first clue is just a bit of spottiness that doesn't clean up when the outsides are cleaned....Just a thought.

o

To answer the questions posed....it is clear glass....it is a sliding glass door....and it is NOT double pane insulated glass.

o

Could it be that there is a film coating and it's actually coming off rather than something being on it?

o

rob333,

It does not appear to be a coating. There is no bubbling up nor pealing of any type. It just looks like something has dried on it. It isn't actually the shape of water drops, but when you look at it it looks to me like liquid has dried on it. I just now took a look and I scraped on each side of the door. The door must be double pane and the spots look like they must be between the glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here