Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Engineered floor HELP

Posted by petchie (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 0:23

Tomorrow they are putting in a Brazilian Cherry engineered floor in my kitchen. I do not want to destroy it by putting any cleaners that will leave a film. Since I always had vinyl sheet flooring I have no clue how to clean it! HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Engineered floor HELP

Go to the website of the manufacturer and check to see what they recommend.

My basic recommendation would be to vacuum frequently using the brush attachment of your vacuum (not the beater bar) and then occasionally clean with a moist (not soaking wet) cloth or mop.

o

Petchie,
Do a search on this forum for "steam mops". A lot of us are using these now instead of the various cleaners out there. Many of us (myself included) switched to this after getting frustrated with the residue from various cleaners. I have the Bissell, which I bought from walmart.com, and just love it. Pure steam, no residue, and I can go right through my house, wood floors, porcelain tile, marble floors, and everything is nice and clean...
Lynn

o

You should NEVER use steam on engineered floor. The steam will go deep into the fibers of the wood and ruin it at the seams. I know I did it. We have 300 year old heart pine and I now have to replace it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here