Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

need expert ironing opinions re: iron rack / rest

eldemila
15 years ago

So, I finally found the ironing board that I had originally hoped to find, a nice 18" wide one. The only issue I have is that is has a iron rest / rack. I couldn't find one that wide without one, and frankly, having found it on Craigslist for $15, I couldn't pass it up, even with the rack. It seems many ironing boards come with this, esp. the wider (& more expensive ones) do.

I like ironing on the wide end of the board and having the rack inhibits me from doing so. I want to get rid of the rack. Has anyone been successful in doing so - thought maybe I could hacksaw it off??

I tried to irong on the tapered end and it seems to take me far too long. Maybe I'm doing something wrong - I'm a lefty - am I the only lefty with ironing issues?? I'm so domestically challenged it seems!

My hubby has is a big guy = big shirts. I need to use the wide 18" end of the board - I don't care about the rest/rack and want it to be gone. Should I find later I can't live without one, there are ones you can buy that are removable.

I wish the companies would make them removable from the beginning!!!!

Any thoughts?

THANKS!

Comment (1)