Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning hardened grout or concrete out of an acrylic bathtub?

Posted by rayjo (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 22:18

Contractor left an unsightly mess in my acrylic jacuzzi tub. It would seem grout or concrete buckets were washed out in my tub and excess product hardened to the surface. I've managed to pry the large chunks out, but there's a fair amount of residue that stubbornly remains. The base of the tub has a slightly pebbled finish which seems to be part of my difficulty in scrubbing it off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning hardened grout or concrete out of an acrylic bathtub

did you inform the contractor of the mess? I've never heard of a contractor rinsing the buckets inside - they usually go outside with a hose. He may owe you a new tub!

o

FYI My contractor did the same thing (in an apt). Tub looks awful now and was brand new...

o

I was going to post this question also. Only I have it around the toilet bowl on a tile floor that the plumber left. I too scraped the large stuff off but can't get the rest and now it is discoloring. Any help?

o

Contractor might also owe you new plumbing lines :o Depends on how much grout he washed down the drain. That's a BIG no-no :(
Try Gel Gloss (I get it at Lowes) to bring back the shine and reduce the appearances of scratches on the acrylic tub. It's in a pink spray can. On the tile floor, you can try a grout haze remover. That too can be found at home improvement stores.
Monica

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here