Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning prices

Posted by curious_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 21:06

I am doing a spring house cleaning job including the items noted below. The house is approx. 1200 sq. ft. The owner is a heavy smoker, it has so far taken myself & a helper 34 hours of HEAVY cleaning. Can someone please let me know what the expected price to charge would be?? The location is Dutchess county NY.

Thank you!

Clean bathroom
Demold shower and doors
Wash & dry three floor rugs
Clean three ceiling fans
Clean microwave and cart, inside & out
Dust kitchen, living room, kitchenette, bedroom, hallway
Water three plants
De-wax kitchen and bathroom floors
Mop & rewax kitchen & bathroom floors
Clean windows:
3 six foot by 3 foot windows
7 standard sized windows
1 small bathroom window
Clean screens on all windows
2 4 paned door windows
Clean mold from 2 house entry doors
Vacuum carpet in livingroom (approx. 10 x 20)
Vacuum carpet in bedroom (approx. 12 x 12)
Vacuum inside & outside of sofabed and two recliners
Clean refrigerator inside & out
Dust & polish all furniture:
Kitchen table & 4 chairs
2 shelving units (one with 8 shelves & one with 6 shelves)
Organ
Piano seat
Entertainment center
Stero system
Dust all photos & artwork (numerous)
2 Coffee tables
1 Buffet table
1 desk and chair
1 Computer desk & chair
2 Bedside tables
One buffet table
Two entryway tables
1 dresser
3 lamps
Clean kitchen cabinets & wax after (13 cabinets and 4 drawers)
Clean stove
Wash curtains for all windows

Clean & install 2 air conditioners

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning prices

You have done 34 hours of cleaning already and haven't discussed a price?

o

I agree with Graywings. When you tell him the price (no matter how high or low) he could balk and refuse, and you have no recourse because you've already done the work. However, to answer your question, cleaning service is $10-$12.50 an hour.

o

Wow, you've done a lot of work! Seems you should have discussed price before you even started. Figure out how many hours it took and be sure to charge an acceptable hourly fee, at least $10 per hour.

o

Wow! OK just fyi...I have cleaners come to my house once a month (in northern Virginia) and pay them (4 workers) only $80.00 to vacuum two floors, clean 3 full bathrooms and 1 half bath; dust, polish, clean hardwood floors in 2 rooms and main floor entry hall; and clean the kitchen (but not inside appliances). They do not move any furniture when they vacuum. They do not clean windows (that would be extra). So whoever benefited from your efforts owes you big time!!!!!

o

It sounds like you are going to get screwed on this. We pay $85 for two hours of cleaning for a team of 6.

If you didn't set a price up before you started, you have no recourse to collect. Good luck.

o

Interesting. I pay $75 for 4 hours of cleaning and I only have one bathroom, one kitchen, 2 bedrooms. He knows the price before he comes. We do have dogs but the price is still the same. I would not clean or have my house cleaned without first knowing the price of it. That's a lot of work for not knowing what to charge. I think I would at least stop cleaning until the price is discussed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here