Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet cleaning solutions

Posted by peoniesandposies (My Page) on
Sat, May 1, 10 at 20:21

I was reading an old thread on carpet cleaners and someone mentioned that they used Oxyclean instead of soap. How much would you use in the solution? What about those who use white vinegar, what dilution would you use of that. With spring here, I want to rent one the cleaners and get to my carpets! Thanks loads for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet cleaning solutions

Everything I've been told from seminars on Carpet Cleaning they absolutely don't recommend Oxy anything on carpets....Do at you own risk. Also check the fine print on the rental agreement, you may be libel for using that in their machine. I know I would go after any customer who abused my rental machine. They aren't cheap!!!

o

Hi all,

I am describing here some carpet cleaning solutions
which make your carpet clean, fresh and stain free.

(1) You can use solution of water and vinegar.Spread it
thoroughly over the carpet,it will remove the spots and
odor of the carpet.

(2) Ammonia solution can also be used for this purpose.

(3) You can use homemade solution like :-add about 3
teaspoons of dish washing liquid, 1/4 cup of ammonia,
and 1/4 cup of vinegar to a few gallons of water.Use
of this solution will keep your carpet clean and
odorless.

Thanks,
with regards

o

From personal experience I can tell you that ammonia will destroy the carpet backing.

o

Peoniesandposies I would suggest you find a janitorial supply house. I use their carpet cleaning product along with an odor eliminator. I've been using this combination for years. Each one comes in a gallon jug that's concentrated. I've always cleaned my own carpets, and am on my third carpet cleaning unit. Personally some of the big name products sold in the store seem to leave an oily residue on the carpet that attracts more dirt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here