Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for laundry magic

Posted by lbr333 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 19:55

Alright...I've had enough with the yellowing of the armpits of my t-shirts. I've tried all kinds of produucts and now I'm looking for solutions!! Preferably non-toxic!!

It's not like I trowel on deoderant in the mornings, but it seems that over time, the yellowish stains set in and they just don't wanna let go....

Any thoughts?

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for laundry magic

Hi Lisa,

Here is an answer I found doing a search on the subject:

Here is a link that might be useful: Perspiration stain removal

o

thanks for that link...i found that the vinegar helped for a while....and i didn't know about the ammonia thing....will try that on new stains....

and i suppose that i might just have to break down and buy a few new shirts once in a while! :D

o

I think I would try the process I use on badly stained tablecloths and napkins. Set washing machine on hot water and the lowest level of water. Add 1 cup of Clorox liquid bleach, 1 cup of detergent and 1 cup of electric dishwasher detergent. Agitate it and add the clothes. Agitate briefly. Turn off machine and let clothes soak overnight. In the morning, turn the machine on and run it through a cycle. That should take care of the stains. If you are nervous about using a liquid chlorine bleach, try the soak and wash with just the two detergents. Do not put the clothes in the dryer if the stain is still there--run the soaking and wash process till stain is removed. Usually one treatment gets all my stains out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here