Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you keep the linen closet fresh?

Posted by xoxosmom (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 18:46

I just finished cleaning out the linen closet and washing all the linens that have been in storage for 2 years. How do you keep it fresh and smelling clean in there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you keep the linen closet fresh?

Rotate the linens every week or whenever you change the sheets, donate any you don't use. Keep only what you know you use, and put a dryer sheet between each item (used ones keep it just as fresh as new ones). Put a cup of baking soda on a middle shelf, it will help with keeping the air fresher in the closet too. Hang cedar hangers, that will help with moisture problems.

o

I used to buy bar soap in bulk. (I now make my own)
I would open only one end of the soap and slide it in the corner of every drawer. I had some of them in there for years. My clothes always came out smelling fresh and clean.
I now make soaps and sachets in my preferred scents and do the same. When the scent starts getting weak I replace the soap with a fresh one and use the bar I had in the drawer. It is nice and aged so it lasts a lot longer than a freshly made bar.

o

I buy bars of Yardley English lavendar soap, unwrap them and place one bar on each shelf, under my sheets and towels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here