Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stains in my SS sink...

Posted by ilene-84 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 18:34

The morning after my granite was installed I noticed water stains in the sink, (when the water is turned on after being off in my area it's rusty), I figured I would be able to get the stains out and had so many other problems with GC I didn't want to add this to the list. Unfortunatly it's been weeks now, Ive tried all the regular home remedies, SS cleaner, backing soda and dishwasher soap, vinegar, vinegar and backing soda, barkeeper, ect. Any suggestions on how to get these spots out? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stains in my SS sink...

Well, you've tried everything I'd suggest. Have you considered calling your local plumbing supply house to see if they can make a suggestion?

o

I will try that, thanks. Just never thought I would have this problem.

o

Today I hand-washed some things in my sink, because the dishwasher was already filled and running. I filled my SS sink with hot water and a good squeeze of Dawn,then washed and dried the dishes. After letting the water out, I noticed the sides of the sink were still damp, so I really rubbed it with my nylon scrubbie, then rinsed and dried with a paper towel. Any and all stains are gone! I decided a good (but gentle) scrubbing once a week is a good thing.

o

Thanks, I made a past of backing soda and dishwasing liquid and left it on the stains for several minutes. They keep on fading, but are still there....but the grate does continue to hide them...

o

Try a magic eraser (dampened) and rub it really hard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here