Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning moldy money. Would this be 'money laundering'?

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Sat, May 28, 11 at 15:44

A story somewhere yesterday in one of those weird news columns; someone said they had a bunch of $1 bills in a drawer in a basement that was flooded by the Mississippi and now the bills smell moldy. They want to clean them rather than taking them to the bank because it is a collection one for each birthday over about 50 years. How would your proceed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning moldy money. Would this be 'money laundering'?

I read that US paper currency is not paper but rather a fabric similar to linen. I have left bills in pants pockets and washed them without damaging the bills. So I imagine you could just wash them in mild soap and water and rinse.

If they just smell funny but are not dirty, you could air them out in the sun.

o

I've accidentally washed my husband's wallet more than once. (He keeps his wallet in his pants pocket). The currency (cash bills) get wet and slimy but I simply unfold them, lay them to dry on a table, and they're fine. You could wash them in mild soapy water and I'm sure they'll be fine.

o

I've washed plenty of U.S. currency over the years will no ill effects although it's certainly not something that should be done with currency having a numismatic value. The Bureau of Printing and Engraving does quite a bit of testing to ensure that it lasts a long time.

o

You wanna clean your money or washing it, just contact us for our services at cleanlabs@rocketmail.com

phone : +41786194038

http://laboratorycleaningandwashingmoney.tk/

Here is a link that might be useful: http://laboratorycleaningandwashingmoney.tk/

o

OMG - I can't believe that someone has a website offering money laundering services, and not the soap and water kind!

o

Ahh just take it to the dry cleaners, or call your insurance company.. they maybe have a prefered laundry guy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here