Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sticker Shock!

Posted by reeree_natural (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 08 at 15:36

I just had the back splash of the kitchen tiled. It came out beautiful and really changed the appearance of the kitchen (thank goodness) we had a friend do the tile work. He moved slower than a turtle and charged by the hour. I had him put tile inserts to add interest. (not a lot of them ) Well, 4 full days later, his labor was 1062.00! I really think this is outrageous and I am pretty up set.. This totals 1600.00 for a kitchen back splash!! One of the walls of the back splash is cut out so you can see into the family room.. So hardly any tile on that wallthe rest was just from counter to cabinet in normal height . he also spent 5 hours grouting and putting 3 pieces of chair rail in the same marble as the tile to finish it off on a very small section on top of the tile. My friends told me I should talk to him and explain that I wasnt expecting him to take that long to do it, but because he is a friend, I feel awkward. About a year ago, a regular tile guy gave us a quote of 250.00 labor. If I would of asked him to do a few inserts. .he may have charged a little more, maybe even 150.00 more, but it is still a far cry to what we are being charged what do you think?
Thanks!
Ree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
ooops!!!!

Oh I am sooo sorry, this wasn't meant to be posted here! I meant it for a different forum
please ignore!
Ree

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here