Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steam Mops for Tile Floors

Posted by rosetroi (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 15:11

For those of you who own the steam mops for cleaning the tile and grout, can you tell me what brand and model (or name) of steam mops you have. Am wanting to get one because our new house will have lots of tile but I noticed there are quite a few brands and models. Can you please tell me which one you have and if you think it does a good job.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steam Mops for Tile Floors

rosetroi-if you'll do a search on "steam mops" you'll find massive threads about them here. I personally have a shark euro-pro canister steam mop (Lowe's-$99) that has attachments and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have lots of tile and I can mop everything in 45 min. or less without refilling and it does a GREAT job! Good luck!

o
RE: Steam Mops for Tile Floors

Personally I would go with the Hoover Floormate Widepath (has to be the widepath model). I have had/tried pretty much everything for my floors hands and knees, shark, scooba (I own 2), swiffers. I always went back to hands and knees because I didn't feel my floors were ever clean enough.

That is until I moved and now have over 1400 square feet of hard floors including mainly tile and also wood flooring. My knees and back can't take that anymore.

After tons of research and not much hope for finding something that I would truely love after past failures I came across the Hoover Floormate Widepath. And I can honestly say my floors have never been cleaner.

I have two small children and messes are the staple around here. The day I brought home my HFW my son had spilled O.J. under his chair which had dried with spilled food and crumbs to go along with it. I figured this would be the true test and I did not hold my breath. Two passes over the mess and it was gone! I mean down to the grout being clean! And as an added bonus the floor was dry almost intantly, seriously within one minute.

I went out and bought a steam shark after many rave reviews. All it did for me was push the dirt around (and I mean regular dust and traffic, nothing like the O.J. mess with the Hoover). I was shocked to see the streaks and mess it left behind. Besides the fact that it takes elbow grease to use. The HFW is a vacuum and just as easy to use.

As an added bonus it also has a dry vac feature. Now instead of vacuuming or sweeping prior to cleaning/mopping the floor, I can do it all at one time. If while I am mopping I come across one of my kids famous crumb messes, I switch it to dry vac mode, vacuum up the crumbs, then back to wet vac mode to mop/clean the area.

And since it dries instantly, it is great on wood floors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here