Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something weird's happening in the Toilet Bowl

Posted by jimyyz (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 14:57

and i'm not talking about the regular weird stuff.... My toilet bowl is getting hard water-like stained within 1 week of cleaning. But it can't be hard water (which we do have). Normally it take a month or two to see hard water stains -- we have two toilets and that's usually what it takes in the second one. Also, I'm not talking about a little staining.

I've used all of the regular cleaners, including Limeaway, and Lysol, etc. They clean it. But within a week it's quite bad again. I'm almost wondering if it's some kind of mould but even mould wouldn't come back that fast when cleaned with bleach type products.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

This post was edited by jimyyz on Fri, May 24, 13 at 15:33

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something weird's happening in the Toilet Bowl

Look inside the tank. It probably needs a good scrub.

o

I've used bleach in the tank,let in set for a couple of hours, I find it easier than trying to scrub in there, I think housefairy is right on about the tank being the problem.

o

If the bowl has become scratched - perhaps from scrubbing with abrasives - limescale and other gunk will attack more quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here