Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to clean outdoor gutters....

Posted by looony2nz (My Page) on
Sat, May 27, 06 at 14:48

My house has gutters (for rainwater) and we recently re-did our backyard and will have many more guests, but they will now also be staring at our dirty gutters. Is the only way to clean them with bleach? I have a paver deck patio and don't want to chance getting bleach on them. I assume I will have to tarp, do i spray the bleach (mix with water??) or what other products work well?
thanks
Shari in FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to clean outdoor gutters....

My children thought i was crazy up on the roof cleaning mine with softscrub once

I bet ZEP carried by HD would have a product - try the one for outdoor chairs

o

Streak Getter works will for me. I spray it on the gutter stains then brush it with an extended handle brush that I clean the ceiling fans with. Cleans the stains easily. The link below is where I ordered the product from.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gutter Cleaner

o

Awesome cleaner from Dollar Store works great!

o

I bought Streak Getter from Gutterworks.com and it was crazy. The black immediately melted off. I bought the cleaning pad too and I'd recommend it too. It's really aggressive so be very careful with it. My black grill has white drips on it and where it dripped on my galvanized fence it ate the galvanizing right off. I got a white milk like solution dripping off which is probably 16 years of oxidation. I don't know if using it repeatedly will remove the paint. I know my gutters are white as new. They don't have the gloss like new, but wow did it take the black off. I'd recommend using the product sparingly, cover up what you can't move with plastic and use the cleaning pad. I used less than a gallon on 100 feet of gutter. It didn't hurt my clothes, skin or hair. It was a 100 degree day so I kept jumping in and out of my pool to keep cool and just wore trunks and crocks. I've since asked for an MSDS to see if if if if if if if there are health side effects of what ever miracle cleaners are in this product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here