Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frieze Carpet - Which Vacuum do you use

Posted by reel_time (My Page) on
Sun, May 29, 11 at 14:07

Installed a nice thick Stainmaster Frieze carpet a few months back. Have been borrowing my mom's Kirby to clean it. Had a Bissel bagless that did fine, too. But, I want a bag vac and don't want to spend the $$$$ to buy a Kirby to vacuum one room. What brands and models do you use to vacuum yours? I know it needs to have an adjustable height and be able to go pretty high. I just want to clean my %^&*&* carpet. Also have hardwood floors through most of my house and carpeted stairs to clean. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

reel_time

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frieze Carpet - Which Vacuum do you use

reel_time;
I am not sure how to answer you, because you say you don't want to spend the money on a Kirby just for one room. Later, you say you have hardwood floors and carpeted stairs.

First, let's assume you want to vacuum the carpet, floors, stairs, and everything else. A Kirby would do the job. It has attachments to clean other things besides carpeting. You can find used and refurbished Kirbys for around $500 average. Canister vacuum cleaners, with power nozzles, also work well for this situation. Check out Riccar and Simplicity canisters with power nozzles. If you cannot put alot of money into a vacuum cleaner at this time, then check out the Panasonic MC-CG902. It can be found for around $200.

If you want to just vacuum carpeting, you could look at Sanitaire uprights like the S647E or the S670A. You can find cheaper, similar uprights, from the same company, like the Eureka C2094G. These uprights do not have attachments, so you would have to buy a compact canister for other cleaning like the floors, drapes, etc. Another much cheaper upright would be the bissell bagged PowerGlide Platinum. You can find it for $80.

Do not expect the cheaper vacuums to be up to par with the more expensive, better-quality vacuums. You cannot expect the Bissell to last as long as a Kirby or Sanitaire, for example.

There are more options, but I could be writing all day. It would be better for you to give more detail of what you will be vacuuming.

o

I need to vacuum 1 living room + one flight of stairs + one upstairs bedroom that all have frieze carpet. The majority of my house is hardwood or tile, so a vacuum good with bare floors would be good. I bought a Hoover anniversary windtunnel but it would not move on the carpet which is a thick frieze. It's auto-height adjust was a failure. I need one I can manually adjust and that I can set pretty high. Thanks for any suggestions.

o

I use my dyson.

o

>>>> I use my dyson

Do you shut off the spinning brush for the carpet? I also have Frieze carpet and my mom just gave me her Dyson Slim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here